Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow plug beep doesnt stop

hi Guys,

just been out n about, when i started her up, waited for the beep, turned over, started as normal, beep then continued. i think the dash lights that come on before you turn over stayed on.

turned off, restarted and all ok.

I am guessing a glow plug / glow plug relay unit issue - anyone had similar experience and got the correct solution??

cheers.
    Last edited by legendgamesmaster; 12 September 2008, 20:28. Reason: changed title
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

The beep is nothing to do with the glow plugs, it's an 'Ignition left on' warning. The timers for each are roughly the same, that's why you hear the glow plug solenoid clicking off at around the same time as the beep starts.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
      hi Guys,

just been out n about, when i started her up, waited for the beep, turned over, started as normal, beep then continued. i think the dash lights that come on before you turn over stayed on.

turned off, restarted and all ok.

I am guessing a glow plug / glow plug relay unit issue - anyone had similar experience and got the correct solution??

cheers.
      Alternator or loose belts.

Comment

i had this after my alternator got full of mud. i disconnected it for a couple of days then I took the alternator out and cleaned it which fixed the prob for me!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Alternator or loose belts.
          Is that what cuases it.. when it rains hard mine screams at me like mad, but I cant hear it with the tunes on..

Cheers for that
          -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674 View Post
            Is that what cuases it.. when it rains hard mine screams at me like mad, but I cant hear it with the tunes on..

Cheers for that
            Drive belt squeal is my most hated noise!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Drive belt squeal is my most hated noise!
              No not my belt screaming at me.. the buzzer thingy in the dash..

My most hated noise is that one I seem to be blocking out a lot of these days, oh that will be the wife
              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Aye, yer alternator's gubbed. And you better hope to god the wife doesn't read this forum...

Comment

ignition buzz

so, are we saying then, that the buzzer comes on when the key is in, and the engine is not on, and that it come on if the engine IS running when the system thinks it isnt, because the altenator is not kicking out a voltage?
                  so, new altenator then?

edit: I fiddled with some of the altenator connectors, it hasnt repeated the issue so far today. checked belts - all belts are fine.

we shall see
                  Last edited by legendgamesmaster; 22 February 2008, 12:52.

Comment

hmmm... its come back again

hello boyz n gurlz, im back again..... with the buzzer issue again.

virtually every start - takes 2 to 5 starts to kick in without the buzzer and lights staying on.

So, do we know what issue in the altenator causes the buzzer and dash lights to stay on after engine on?

My voltage dial shows a healthy voltage as normal.

am i looking at a new alt? or could it be brushes?

I will look at it this weekend, and that will not be an issue as the air-con is long gone, giving loads of space. ooooh, i SO didnt miss the air con this 'summer'.....

cheers

andy

Comment

If you recon alternator do brushes, bearings and seals.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                      X