starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problem

I’m having a problem starting my 2.4d. When I turn the key I just get a click and the engine does not turn over. If I persist it will sometimes successfully start after several attempts, other times I have left it for a few hours and then remarkably it starts. I had the green flag man out the other morning and he reckons it’s the starter motor…I reckon it’s not!!!
    The problem seems to be inconsistent and won’t happen for a week or two and then it comes back…annoying. I don’t really want to be spending a fortune on a new starter only to find that this is not the problem. I can’t help wondering if it is some other electrical problem..Any ideas??

Originally posted by tonystock
    I’m having a problem starting my 2.4d. When I turn the key I just get a click and the engine does not turn over. If I persist it will sometimes successfully start after several attempts, other times I have left it for a few hours and then remarkably it starts. I had the green flag man out the other morning and he reckons it’s the starter motor…I reckon it’s not!!!
    The problem seems to be inconsistent and won’t happen for a week or two and then it comes back…annoying. I don’t really want to be spending a fortune on a new starter only to find that this is not the problem. I can’t help wondering if it is some other electrical problem..Any ideas??
    Almost certainly the contacts in the starter solenoid.Try a search for the answers you need.There is a link for this repair but I don't have it at the moment.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      Almost certainly the contacts in the starter solenoid.Try a search for the answers you need.There is a link for this repair but I don't have it at the moment.

Neville
      is this the one nev http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/starter/
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
        Thanks guys...tony

Comment

Would be wary of the part no's you get on US sites though, worth getting back to us and letting us know the right no. in the end when you're all done. I asked the grump in local Toy Parts to give me a packet of new contacts 'you know the ones' and he looked at me funny and pressed the panic button

Comment

Working...
          X