yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jUST BOUGHT 1990 2.4 DIESEL SURF,MANUAL GEARBOX,INFORMATION REQUIRED ON TOAD ALARM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jUST BOUGHT 1990 2.4 DIESEL SURF,MANUAL GEARBOX,INFORMATION REQUIRED ON TOAD ALARM

Hi ,information on the toad alarm i have pls,,its a black key fob with 4 buttons,two black and 2green,,my tailgate is knackered so not sure if one button opens it,,alarm works well but no instructions in case of malfunction or maintenence

Buddy - Chill! were fast as **** round here for answering stuff - even at 1:20am!!

http://www.toadalarm.com/catalog/index.php

Have a look at that an see if anything looks right mate. Sooner or later you should find the details!

Anway - Welcome to the site

Comment

welcome to the forum, it's possible that one of the buttons is wired to roll the tailgate window up/down. however it's very unlikely that it's been done in such a way as to stop either the keyswitch or internal switch from working.

can you hear the window motor turning? the most common problem with the tailgate is the motor coming apart internally, there's an easy fix.

if the motors not turning then it could be either, broken wires where they go between the body and tailgate, or something failed on the relay / control board found behind the boot trim panel on the passenger side.

third and finally, before you worry about checking the above, check the window lock button on the drivers door hasn't been pressed and make sure the rear wiper is parked properly.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

thanks for your advice,i ve concentrated on giving the 2.4 a full service and check over first before looking into the tailgate dilemma,all seems well considering the price i paid,please note that all fuel and oil filters sould be hand tight only,mine had been fitted by an elephant with a 12 foot wrench,,,

Comment

Working...
        X