Cam belt tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam belt tensioner

Which part of this am I meant to be renewing while doing the a belt change???

Originally posted by JimL
    its the bearing that fails, although you probably have to renew the complete thing, if it seems ok put it back on
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Mine was ok when I changed belt and did not check to see if bearing was replaceable.

The spring is also very important.Make sure it is not stretched.If it is then it will not apply proper tension to the belt.Replace if stretched.Tensioner pulley spring fre length should be between 44.4 & 45.8mm.Measured from inside of hooked ends.

Neville

Comment

Jim, like neville said just, measure the spring, the rest should be ok. Mine was ok when i did mine. It is however recommended that you change the water pump.
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          Jim, like neville said just, measure the spring, the rest should be ok. Mine was ok when i did mine. It is however recommended that you change the water pump.
          i wouldnt take a genuine water pump off to replace it with a patterened part, unless it was kn***ered of course
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I got the belt on perfect just before I read Nevilles post earlier on so I left the spring as it was though it looked very tight when no tension was on it. Funny thing is I had none of this 'one tooth out' stuff I read others talking about.

Another observation is the amount of play in the belt between the cam sprocket and the diesel pump sprocket, its 1 inch max and I think I've read thats OK, it just looks slack.

As soon as I had the belt on I headed for the injectors (another job I aint done before) and now have them in the shed beside the aircon unit, and the fan, and the rad, and the shroud, and the airbox, and a half dozen belts, and a 2" body lift kit, and new antiroll bar bushes, and when its all done in about 2 mths I'll take a pic...

Comment

I got the belt on perfect just before I read Nevilles post earlier on so I left the spring as it was though it looked very tight when no tension was on it. Funny thing is I had none of this 'one tooth out' stuff I read others talking about.

Another observation is the amount of play in the belt between the cam sprocket and the diesel pump sprocket, its 1 inch max and I think I've read thats OK, it just looks slack.

As soon as I had the belt on I headed for the injectors (another job I aint done before) and now have them in the shed beside the aircon unit, and the fan, and the rad, and the shroud, and the airbox, and a half dozen belts, and a 2" body lift kit, and new antiroll bar bushes, and when its all done in about 2 mths I'll take a pic...

when tensioned correctly you should not be able to turn the belt more than 45 degrees at the longest point
              [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                when tensioned correctly you should not be able to turn the belt more than 45 degrees at the longest point
                just went out and thats just about right Ian, thanks.
                (Milners belt)

Comment

Working...
                X