Fuel pump seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump seals

Bout to tackle the lid seal and O-ring in situ hopefully, any handy hints? or anything i ought to know?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

See my other thread on pump seal replacement, it may be of help m8

Comment

cheers, done the top two saturday, if that doesn't cure it i'll probably get the pump from my breaker reconned then swap them over
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

If there is still a leak, Use a mirror and a torch at the bottom of the pump to see if it is the side plates leaking, You can repair these for pennys and you still have to remove the punp if it is the plate nearest the block, you will save loads. don't buy another pump just for that and remember, a pump from the breakers may be no better, they will offer you a replacement pump but you still have to remove and refit again !!!!

Comment

just done my pump, quite a challenge to get it out so I decided may as well get it resealed/re built as putting another used one as mentioned could be in the same or worse condition.

Sent the pump off to diesel bob who stripped/cleaned resealed etc £225+vat looks dogs danglies when it came back top service.

All back together now bled and started first time, well chuffed.

Just waiting for a couple of water sensors and it will be on road again.

Steve
          Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Working...
          X