Hi ho hi ho its off to the garage I go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ho hi ho its off to the garage I go

Well after the Speedflush cleaned out my cooling system and unblocked the heaters properly, it also cleaned out what I suspect is the water pump and I now can't drive it cos coolant is leaking too fast.

Roughtrax is two miles down the road, and there is a small garage behind them. I have therefore booked the Surf in for a 'find me leak and fix it' exercise, possibly a new water pump, service or replace the injectors, check the diesel pulley hasn't slipped, and replace the cam belts while you are about it, and you may as well check the valve clearances, and you can pressure test the head while you are there!

I have a sneaky feeling that I will be suffering from credit card meltdown come Friday, but at least they won't have to travel far for the parts!

Rob G

ooohhhhhh nnnnnoooooooooo!!!

I dont believe it. Mine was going to get treated to a rad flush at the weekend!!!!. mine sits at half way at the temp gauge thought it might help to do that but it will have to wait for a weekend that i've got some money!!! oh wll on with the over time!!!! lol
    JJ.

P.S I must say this is the best site on the WWW!!!
    WELL DONE.

Comment

the temp guage on the surf is not accurate as it never goes above halfway, so radflush wont make any difference to the temp.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by wibblywobbly
        Well after the Speedflush cleaned out my cooling system and unblocked the heaters properly, it also cleaned out what I suspect is the water pump and I now can't drive it cos coolant is leaking too fast.

Roughtrax is two miles down the road, and there is a small garage behind them. I have therefore booked the Surf in for a 'find me leak and fix it' exercise, possibly a new water pump, service or replace the injectors, check the diesel pulley hasn't slipped, and replace the cam belts while you are about it, and you may as well check the valve clearances, and you can pressure test the head while you are there!

I have a sneaky feeling that I will be suffering from credit card meltdown come Friday, but at least they won't have to travel far for the parts!

Rob G
        I hope they do the pressure test first and not last

Comment

Grrr!

I left work early, pulled out all the stops to get home and pick the Surf up, drive around to the garage at 5:15 (after he told me they close at 5:30) and the bl**dy place was shut.

I am fuming as I can't get there in the morning, so it's either try another garage recommended by Roughtrax, or take it back Saturday.

That means I won't get it back until the middle of next week.

I am not a happy man, especially as snow is forecast, and I really don't wanna ride the motorcycle to work if it does. Damn, damn, damn!

Rant finished.

Rob G

Originally posted by JimL
          I hope they do the pressure test first and not last

Comment

as you have waisted your time due to them closing early i'd ask them to collect it, its the least they can do as you are an ambassador to the surf forum (blag)
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              the temp guage on the surf is not accurate as it never goes above halfway, so radflush wont make any difference to the temp.

Marky,

It does go over halfway....... about a mile after the head goes pop
              [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
                Marky,

It does go over halfway....... about a mile after the head goes pop
                And then goes all the way to the bottom about 1/2 mile after that.

Cheers

Comment

So its fairly normal for the temp guage not to move from half way??

cheers

Comment

It never moves!

The temp gauge is useless. Even with a badly blocked system mine never ever went over halfway. I wouldn't rely on it all. The best bet is to check the coolant level and whether it is clean/blowing bubbles.

Most heads are fine, it's actually a rarity to blow one, despite what people read in here.

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Working...
                    X