2.8 or 3.0 manual rad fit a 2.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 or 3.0 manual rad fit a 2.4?

will either fit into my 2.4? I dont need the auto cooler as I run a seperate one so I am planning to fit a manual rad. is there even any advantage to fitting one from a 2.8 or 3.0 if they do fit?
    Also, has anyone bought a rad from Iezura on eBay? Mine is plugged with mud again although I made a long hose attachment for cleaning the other day which may help a bit but its such a PITA to clean the fins out! I have a feeling the inside is gummed up a bit so I may fit a new one when I do the cambelt/pump etc soon (unless someone selling a good manual rad?)

cheers
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

3.0 rad has cap on the rad , 2.4 has cap on top of engine top hose outlet. No good unless you want 2 rad caps .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

does this mean the 3.0 rad has a bit for a hose to attach to the rad itself so when it gets hot it lets some pressure out
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        will either fit into my 2.4? I dont need the auto cooler as I run a seperate one so I am planning to fit a manual rad. is there even any advantage to fitting one from a 2.8 or 3.0 if they do fit?
        Also, has anyone bought a rad from Iezura on eBay? Mine is plugged with mud again although I made a long hose attachment for cleaning the other day which may help a bit but its such a PITA to clean the fins out! I have a feeling the inside is gummed up a bit so I may fit a new one when I do the cambelt/pump etc soon (unless someone selling a good manual rad?)

cheers
        was asking about iezura rads the other day [no replies ]
        know what you mean about cleaning the rad
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          know what you mean about cleaning the rad
          At the moment I'm like a 2.4 owner (nervously staring at that temp gauge)

60mph is fine 70mph is an eek

Guess I got to go and annoy the local jetwash garage at the weekend
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

3.0 rad is about 6" longer at the bottom than 2.4, I think it'll hit the aircon rad.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

jetwash will bend the fins trev be very careful

know what you mean about watching the temp gauge
              think mine goes up at about the same as yours
              Last edited by joker??; 2 January 2008, 20:11.
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                3.0 rad is about 6" longer at the bottom than 2.4, I think it'll hit the aircon rad.
                i aint got one of them
                got any 2.4 manual rads Tony?
                Tim

Comment

60 is only just ok for me at the mo.. cant see the bottom of the rad
                  Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog

cheers
                    it's a bit late but might help.

I've fitted a 3.oltr rad into a 2.4, TonyN is right it will it the aircon rad (if one is mounted there) also the fan cowl is different, you also need to modify the pipes( i used some gates wire wound water hose) & plugged the second overflow pipe from the 3.0 ltr rad.

I've bought a rad from iezura it sprang a leak around the transmission pipe stubbs after about 9 months, they replaced it no problems though
                    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                      jetwash will bend the fins trev be very careful

know what you mean about watching the temp gauge
                      think mine goes up at about the same as yours
                      Well I jetwashed it on last Sunday (yes Hippo and a Jetwash !!), and it appeared to make a difference, well it did til Friday when Reigate Hill was chaos thanks to the HGV GP, but it soon came back down to just under 1/2 from between 2/3 and 3/4.

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Well I jetwashed it on last Sunday (yes Hippo and a Jetwash !!), and it appeared to make a difference, well it did til Friday when Reigate Hill was chaos thanks to the HGV GP, but it soon came back down to just under 1/2 from between 2/3 and 3/4.

Trev
                        bit warm int it!

so at the end of the day, the 2.4's are better then
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650

I've bought a rad from iezura it sprang a leak around the transmission pipe stubbs after about 9 months, they replaced it no problems though
                          thats good to know but Id rather buy a cheapie 2.4 manual rad if anyone has one?
                          Tim

Comment

Working...
                          X