faults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faults

just tryed checking the fault codes and i got nothing from the engine management light. but i did get the glow plug heater light flash 4 times then 7 what dose that mean as i thought all faults where on the engine check light

Did you bridge terminals E1 and TE1? Glow plug light flashing is a weird one.

Nev

Comment

yep sure did, spoke to tonyn too and he was surprised too

Comment

mines a 89 non efi same as yours and my glow plug light flashes aswell. we don,t have so many sensors so the fault code list on here isn,t relavent to our cars.
        i had broken wires on the back of my engine coolant temp sensor (the one above the starter) and that came up as 2 flashes of the glow plug light.
        also had a blocked pipe going to the turbo sensor that came up as 4 flashes.
        on the efi fault code list it says 2 flashes for engine temp and 4 for turbo so i have had a play around in the past and ours are deffo the other way round.
        cant help with 7 though

Comment

mmmmmmmmm i wonder if there is a fault list for the non efi models

anyone got one?????????

Comment

i tried to find one but gave up looking a long time ago, i can only think of those two sensors anyway maybe 7 is tps.
            good start would be checking/cleaning all the pipes between the inlet manifold and the turbo sensor that should clear number 4

Comment

Working...
            X