Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo problems

Hi guys

Ive just gone to fit my glow plugs and have found oil from my air filter to the turbo. I've checked the oil and ive lost quite alot, and its drunk quite a bit of coolant. My friend who has a skyline says the turbo seals have gone and needs reconditioning.

im no expert on this sort of thing, so any help would be appreciated. Do i get it reconditioned, or by a new or reconditioned turbo?

Cheers

Gregg

how much oil? it's normal to get a bit of oil there as the crankcase breather chucks oil vapours back into the intake pipe, it's the little pipe from the back of the rocker cover to the pipe coming out of the airbox.

On scoobies and the like this would probably have a filter on it and vent out to the atmosphere rather than being chucked into the intake.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

its alot of oil. i've soaked my little sisters tshirt with the oil ive cleaned out from it. It wasnt like it when i got it and ive noticed my surf smoking more

Comment

bet your sister is well chuffed with you! mine breaths quite heavly and gets quite a bit of oil build up. What oil do you use cos i find that the older truck like plain mineral oil rather than this fake stuff which makes it smoke more and uses more. My old 205 gti used to be a heavy breather too so oil from the breather pipe is quite normal. you can get a catch can to see haw much you are loosing and put it back in, see if that solves your problem if not start looking at the turbo. Try the cheap stuff first.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
        X