Glow plug tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plug tops

Looking for a bit of advice on how to get the top of the glowplugs when the hard plasticy top separates from the smooth round thread nut type thing that hold the bar on?

Any ideas?
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Pliers should do the trick.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Sometimes they are to tight for pliers, and hard to reach, I've had to use a small sharp chisel to cut down one side of the brass nut, and then they come off easy with some long nose pliers.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

ok then that is tomorows job to little light now so put everything back together.

Any tips for getting EFI printed metal tube back into the two 2 rubber pipes without lots of swearing and kicking of bullars and throwing of tools?

Also what is best for washing out all the built up oil in the efi pipe as well? that would become a fire hazard or such like
        Last edited by ABE; 19 December 2007, 18:34.
        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

If I remember rightly, it's easiest to put in on on the left side, then angle/jimmy/shimmy it on onto the right side. It doesn't go on easily, but it's not too hard.

But I did that a while back, so could be wrong.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

The trick is to pull the manifold elbow hose as far on to the 'EFI' bit as poss, then put the whole lot on to the turbo end. Then get the big end over the intake elbow, and slide it up to the right place. Release the clip to hold it on, then pull the EFI bit back to get the other end in the right place and job done.

Easy.

Comment

and tips for cleaning the oil out?
              www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
                and tips for cleaning the oil out?
                Might as well come round and do it!!

Parts washer obviously, if you have one, or brake cleaner in aerosol cans, I use them for everything, they are great!

Comment

i took the bolts out the throttle body, also a two mine job, just 4 12mm bolts if i remember?
                  What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Might as well come round and do it!!

Parts washer obviously, if you have one, or brake cleaner in aerosol cans, I use them for everything, they are great!
                    That would be great I have the kettle on for when you appear say 12 hours or so?

Thought it best to check as I didn't want to use anything that might leave any flammable residue or such like.

See when you come round to do plugs you wouldn't want to do rear springs, back window motor, air con pipe and an oil change aswell?

And just if you have time underseal and a wash and wax?
                    Last edited by ABE; 20 December 2007, 04:48.
                    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
                      That would be great I have the kettle on for when you appear say 12 hours or so?

Thought it best to check as I didn't want to use anything that might leave any flammable residue or such like.

See when you come round to do plugs you wouldn't want to do rear springs, back window motor, air con pipe and an oil change aswell?

And just if you have time underseal and a wash and wax?

We're driving to Loch Ness next year in the summer for a week, any good?

Comment

tea will have gone cold by then!
                        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X