vacuum pipe alternator problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum pipe alternator problem

Still having proplems sorting my 4 wheel drive problem. the extra vacuum pipe that doesnt connect to anything will be the problem. where to put it? it comes from the T connector, having come from solenoids and heading over the engine, the junction as far as i understand should go to the alternator. but where? i cant see any where for it to go. there are three larger pipes leaving the alternator, 2 seem to go to the block and one up to somthing to do with the A/c. any help?? maybe the other pipes have not been put in right, that is a posibility.
    also there is another vacuum pipe over the otherside that is terminated in a little filter looking thing, maybe this needs to be connected to somthing, seems strange to not have anything after it

I think a photo or two would help.

Comment

There is usually four connections on the Vacuum Pump which is on the Alternaor. Two are the oil inlet and outlet for pump lubrication. The other two are for vacuum. Large one is for the brakes. This you will see goes to the small vacuum canister on inner guard and the to the brake booster. There should also be another small vacuum connection on the vacuum pump. This is the one you want for the ADD and everything else on the other side of engine.

Nev

Comment

i want to see a pic of the connections for th alternator

i know its suposed to go there somwhere just cant see any wahere, maybe its at the back??

Comment

You should have 2 oil pipes, feed and return, then the big vacuum pipe to the servo, there should also be a little branch off this fitting for the small vacuum pipe to fit to.

For early 2.4's the pump is at the back of the alternator, EFI trucks have the pump at the front.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

understood nev, just cant see where it is

Comment

is the little brach pinting downwards back toward the alternator?? it could be that, throught it was goung back into the body of it but it might terminate before just cant $$$$$$ see

Comment

Arrowed hose is the one I mentioned. From vacuum pump to the T and from there to VSV via the vacuum tank and other side across to the intake manifold side of engine.

Nev
                Attached Files

Comment

i have the pump at the back of the alternator. the pipe at the top of the back is the one leading to servos. this has a tiny little branch at the begining. it looks at first glance to heading back in but i take it this is where my pipe should be. maybe its just twisted around the wrong way?

getting a bit stressed as i realy do want 4x4 sorted before setting off accross carpathian mountains tommorow morn on way home for x-mas

Comment

nice one mate, thats the one i thought, just the monkey who fitted the alternator has not made it easy to sort, no probs will get there now, thanks a lot

Comment

actualy u seem to have somthing completely differnt going on there.
                      theres no pipe leading directly from the a/c pump to alternator, mine is a 92 2.4

Comment

Originally posted by kieran2698
                        is the little brach pinting downwards back toward the alternator?? it could be that, throught it was goung back into the body of it but it might terminate before just cant $$$$$$ see
                        If yours is a 2L-TE and it sounds like it is then this small branch is not the one. I have this and it terminates at both ends into the vacuum pump body. Some sort of equaliser I think. The one you want should be beside this on the passenger side just below the alternator adjuster bolt. If not then you may have an incorrect fitting that only has the larger brake vacuum pipe. In this case they should have swapped fittings from the old alternator. If you get desperate use a T big enough to fit the brake vacuum hose with a small branch suitable for the smaller vacuum hose for the ADD.

Nev
                        Last edited by NiftyNev; 19 December 2007, 11:41.

Comment

i have the pump at the back of the alternator. the pipe at the top of the back is the one leading to servos. this has a tiny little branch at the begining. it looks at first glance to heading back in but i take it this is where my pipe should be. maybe its just twisted around the wrong way?
                          mine is a 92 2.4
                          A '92 should have a front mount Vacuum Pump.

Nev

Comment

2T-LE.. sounds like we have the same, just looked underneath to see the adjuster bolt and cant see any pipes there either. problem is its seriously cold out, not gettin much help at this end....

Comment

Working...
                            X