Help Needed 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed 2.4

Hi guys ,anyone help me with a few problems with my much loved 2.4,1993.
    1.Oil pressure gauge has never worked,replaced the sender unit but no joy.
    2.Dont know wether related to above but speedo works but mileometer/trip meter dont.
    3.just today on motorway ,put my foot down and engine warning light come on,slowed down to stop and it went out.while it was on i had no turbo light come on but soon as orange light goes out turbo comes back on.no strange rattles,black smoke,coughs or anything suspicious,just orange light and no power.checked oil is ok and water.
    ANYONE HELP PLEASE.......

Try puuling the codes from diagnostic plug, tony will no doubt tell you how to do this, you have to short 2 terminals and count flashes on dash
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

mine and my dads turbo and engine lights do this when you foor it hard, I thought it was normall
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

summit up with it. Try reading the codes
        What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
          mine and my dads turbo and engine lights do this when you foor it hard, I thought it was normall
          Not the engine check light! Thats a baddd thing.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

OH, How do i get the diagnostic codes then.

She runs really well and the light only comes on if you caine it as soon as you ease of it goes out.

cheers
            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
              OH, How do i get the diagnostic codes then.

She runs really well and the light only comes on if you caine it as soon as you ease of it goes out.

cheers
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/efifaultcodes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by blobbymotorbikes
                Hi guys ,anyone help me with a few problems with my much loved 2.4,1993.
                1.Oil pressure gauge has never worked,replaced the sender unit but no joy.
                2.Dont know wether related to above but speedo works but mileometer/trip meter dont.
                3.just today on motorway ,put my foot down and engine warning light come on,slowed down to stop and it went out.while it was on i had no turbo light come on but soon as orange light goes out turbo comes back on.no strange rattles,black smoke,coughs or anything suspicious,just orange light and no power.checked oil is ok and water.
                ANYONE HELP PLEASE.......
                Check the mulitplugs on the back of the dials are OK. I had no oil pressure on my old 2.4 and it was just a plug had worked loose.

Comment

Thankyou that explains it perfectly
                  www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X