Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad starting

right, its doing my dinger in now. All my tools are the garage as well
    I can here clunks for heater relay, light is going out. I have fitted new glow plugs just a few month ago.
    I have come to start car again this morn and it wont go. I drained the fuel filter the day before yesterday and it started fine yesterday morn, but struggled on the night time (stood for 8hrs). It wont entertain today. Even with hairspray or wd40?
    I first thought it was lack of fuel as when it decides to start it picks up speed gradually, as if bleeding the engine if you know what i mean, were'as no plug start is just usuaklly a bit lumpy till it heats up....any ideas here or do i torch the $$$$
    What comes around goes around!!

Sounds like the filter has still got air in it, try pumping the primer while someone cranks the motor over.

Once its running, keep pumping till it goes the primer goes hard, and comes up slowly after pushing it down.

Check the drain plug isn't leaking when its up to pressure and you keep pumping the primer.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i think it defo a fuel prob, just waiting to get someone to jump me now, gnrrr.
      Dont understand why it is deciding to do this though? its fairly new filter? i aint on veg anymore! I will keep you posted

Comment

there is fuel getting there by the smell of things? Still wont go, and to top it off, the only tool i have here is my volt meter to check plugs and fuses and the battery is flat

Comment

just tried the old hot air gun trick, still no joy, it really isnt helping having no tools

Comment

Borrowed some tools off a neighbour. One tip i must inform of is, AVOID CHEAP GLOW PLUGS!!!! Only had mine in for 4 month, al u/s, wether veg oil had summit to do with it i dont know? Got another set coming for £12 each

Comment

Working...
            X