Side Repeater/ Ariel Mast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Repeater/ Ariel Mast

Hi all first things first, Im Nigel and a relatively new owner of a K reg LN130 2.4 SSRX.
    Two problems, Got up this morning to find my LHS(passenger) side repeater missing. To make things worse, i cant see any wiring thru the hole (not that id know what it looks like)
    Found a replacment on rough track, but am i going to have to dismantle the wheel arch to get at the wirinf (if that hasnt been ripped away??
    Similary, drove thru the car wash and bent the ariel, right at the base, same question, am i going to have to dismantle the whole wheel arch, or is there a access panel under there somewhere?
    If i havent made my self clear enough, please quiz me further.
    Thanks
    Nigel
    Also does anyone have a second hand one, or a link for cheap ones ??
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Hi Nigel, it's no big deal removing the plastic wheel arch liner, just a few self tapping screws,and both items can be accessed from behind there.

Comment

Ther seem to be some pop rivets there as well ? are they supposed to be or some one lost the screws. Not sure i want to go drilling things out that i have no idea what theyre there for.Thanks
      Any ideas on the wiring.
      Ps any idea how to post a pic of my surf, can even change the avatar.

Comment

i see your from SWales as well Bush, do you know of any breakers yards local to SW that may have a few surfs.
        Last edited by nigel129; 9 December 2007, 18:30. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129
          Ther seem to be some pop rivets there as well ? are they supposed to be or some one lost the screws. Not sure i want to go drilling things out that i have no idea what theyre there for.Thanks
          Any ideas on the wiring.
          Ps any idea how to post a pic of my surf, can even change the avatar.

Shouldn't be pop rivets, unless they are those plastic push in type.
          There should be a plug on the end of the wire that connected to the side repeater, it may have dropped down and you can't see it.

You can't change your avatar unless you pay the tenner subscription fee.

Comment

i see your from SWales as well Bush, do you know of any breakers yards local to SW that may have a few surfs.

Nope, but then I haven't looked either!

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]Shouldn't be pop rivets, unless they are those plastic push in type.
              There should be a plug on the end of the wire that connected to the side repeater, it may have dropped down and you can't see it.

Defo pop rivets, maybe someone been in there b4 me. Im worried about not finding a plug on the end of the wire, if it was the car wash, its prob taken the lot. Can find replacment lens and holder, but what about the plug?

Comment

[QUOTE=nigel129]
                Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Shouldn't be pop rivets, unless they are those plastic push in type.

Defo pop rivets, maybe someone been in there b4 me. Im worried about not finding a plug on the end of the wire, if it was the car wash, its prob taken the lot. Can find replacment lens and holder, but what about the plug?

I got one if you need it, just E-mail me your address.

Comment

sent pm with email or ring me and ill ring you straight back
                  Thanks

Comment

Radio mast

I broke mine also.
                    I bought a new mast interior from Roughtrax and it took all of 18 secs to fit. Raise the mast, undo the nut on top haul out the old mast interior with a bit of brute force, not hard to do.

Insert the plastic thingie from the inside of the new mast and push it as far as it will go into the antenna outer housing, tube so as to engage the bump on the end with the interior of the drive unit.

Get someonme to retract the mast whilst lightly pushing the new internals in to the tube and watch in amazement as it disapears inside.
                    Tighten the top nut.

JOB DONE

Regards.
                    Mike,
                    Keep On Surfing :

Comment

[QUOTE=muller1]I broke mine also.
                      I bought a new mast interior from Roughtrax and it took all of 18 secs to fit. Raise the mast, undo the nut on top haul out the old mast interior with a bit of brute force, not hard to do.

Thanks mike but now the repeater is also missing, looks like ill still have take spanner and drill in hand to the wheel arch. Dam that car wash, or kids.

Comment

Ther seem to be some pop rivets there as well ? are they supposed to be or some one lost the screws.
                        Yep, pop rivets are on some. Mine has them. Just drill out and replace with pop rivets or you could probably replace witha screw of suitable size.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                        X