t-bel. warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-bel. warning light

mines just come on today,am good on the spanners and got a mate who runs an ace garage in chester.so no probs getting a ramp,tools etc..am i right assuming its time to replace the cam belt and if so how much time i got b4 the thang goes twang altogether..! ! am self employed and need my tonker toy badly...also what is the ECT. switch 4. what does ECT stand for ? havn,t sorted a handbook out yet so anyone who can give me a quick guide to whats wot would b ace..mines a 1993 2,4 tdi ln130..bought it june this year and love the beast..had a pajero b4..but saw the hilux and twas lurve at 1st sight..mines had suspension mods..big lifts and looks ace ( to me anyway ) great work horse and can swallow masses of tools & equip.t.. cheers !!:

Originally posted by trueblue61
    mines just come on today,am good on the spanners and got a mate who runs an ace garage in chester.so no probs getting a ramp,tools etc..am i right assuming its time to replace the cam belt and if so how much time i got b4 the thang goes twang altogether..! !Who knows!! am self employed and need my tonker toy badly...also what is the ECT. switch 4. what does ECT stand for ? Electronic controlled transmission (sport switch)havn,t sorted a handbook out yet so anyone who can give me a quick guide to whats wot would b ace..mines a 1993 2,4 tdi ln130..bought it june this year and love the beast..had a pajero b4..but saw the hilux and twas lurve at 1st sight..mines had suspension mods..big lifts and looks ace ( to me anyway ) great work horse and can swallow masses of tools & equip.t.. cheers !!:
    Welcome
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Hi there!

T belt should be changed every 100,000 km (60,000 m) and the warning light comes on to remind you.

As to what's what... you'll find a wealth of info on here and more help along the way when you need it.

Enjoy!
      Ian
      One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

nice one guys or gals

to antshiel and icsys...ta u guys or gals...u never kno using just monicas..those gals r catching up to the ace benefits of drivin 4x4..so gota say mates ...e.c.t. switch...got wot u said..wot will it do 4 me ? dont wana come across as dim but unless i kno the nuts an bolts//means jack to me..! think i need to take my beast on an off road course and c what its capable of ! have had several toys..rangie..luved 2 bits..killer on the go juice..3.9 v8..acres of space..comfy as hell ..broke axle..etc had to go..pajero followed..great build q. $$$$e ride..arse sore after 5 min..then came the real deal..my toyo..& boy wot a toy ...does everythang i ask and more so dont wana break my baby...tell me more guys...! ( brakes r $$$$e any mods 2 improve ? )

Comment

to antshiel and icsys...ta u guys or gals...u never kno using just monicas..those gals r catching up to the ace benefits of drivin 4x4..so gota say mates ...e.c.t. switch...got wot u said..wot will it do 4 me ? dont wana come across as dim but unless i kno the nuts an bolts//means jack to me..! think i need to take my beast on an off road course and c what its capable of ! have had several toys..rangie..luved 2 bits..killer on the go juice..3.9 v8..acres of space..comfy as hell ..broke axle..etc had to go..pajero followed..great build q. $$$$e ride..arse sore after 5 min..then came the real deal..my toyo..& boy wot a toy ...does everythang i ask and more so dont wana break my baby...tell me more guys...! ( brakes r $$$$e any mods 2 improve ? )
          Hi an welcome, Don't forget to wave if you get waved or flashed at.

Which ace garage is this????
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

ace garage

hi bibs,,the ace garage is crane bank motors..lads r superb

Comment

hi bibs,,the ace garage is crane bank motors..lads r superb

Hi

That the one by the Racecourse?

Mate owns Chester Car Services so always go there but it's always handy to know of another good one.

Comment

...e.c.t. switch...got wot u said..wot will it do 4 me ? dont wana come across as dim but unless i kno the nuts an bolts//means jack to me..!
                The ECT button changes the shift pattern in the transmission so with the ECT on, it holds lower gears until higher in the rev range before shifting up. I find it useful to use when towing although it does not give any extra power.
                Ian
                One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

cheers me dears

thanks icsys..spelled it out nicely mate..much grassyass....well fik us scouse mousers..lol....bibs mate..gota say crane bank beats anyone in chester bud...gota say that cos my mate runs the place an done loadsa work for john the owner..he.s a top bloke as well mate..if you ever go ask for dannny or paul and say i reccommened u ..will look after u mate ..no sweat... will b if diesel goes any higher,,thievin robbin gits called govmnt/// god dont get me started....

Comment

thanks icsys..spelled it out nicely mate..much grassyass....well fik us scouse mousers..lol....bibs mate..gota say crane bank beats anyone in chester bud...gota say that cos my mate runs the place an done loadsa work for john the owner..he.s a top bloke as well mate..if you ever go ask for dannny or paul and say i reccommened u ..will look after u mate ..no sweat... will b if diesel goes any higher,,thievin robbin gits called govmnt/// god dont get me started....
                    Will do - know what you mean was nearly 1.10 the other day at the Shell garage - rip off

Comment

bibs

dont i know it..never used to get wound up bout cost of fuel but gettin beyond a joke now..! feel like doin a blockade myself at the port..think somthin gota happen soon..gettin ridiculous..! any one out there feel the same..? just say the word and im well in to start one..enoughs enough..revolution well over due..surfs up dudes

Comment

Working...
                      X