Rear window opening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window opening?

Had my surf now for 6 months and well happy with it, (apart from the £40.00 fill up costs every 400kms) but i have a problem with the rear window . When I put the key in the back tail gate to open the window....no movement on the window, it used to work, but not now. How do you get to look at the locking mechanism in the tail board through the heavily tinted window when its down. Tried looking while it was up with the trim off, but still no joy. Yes you have guessed, im not the most mechanically minded but able to find my way around .
    Thx.
    Paul

Originally posted by zippyman
    Had my surf now for 6 months and well happy with it, (apart from the £40.00 fill up costs every 400kms) but i have a problem with the rear window . When I put the key in the back tail gate to open the window....no movement on the window, it used to work, but not now. How do you get to look at the locking mechanism in the tail board through the heavily tinted window when its down. Tried looking while it was up with the trim off, but still no joy. Yes you have guessed, im not the most mechanically minded but able to find my way around .
    Thx.
    Paul
    Does it work with the internal switch. Give that a try, it maybe one of the wires broken on the key switch.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by zippyman
      Thx.
      Paul
      with the window down & covers removed you then need to lock down the 2 latches either side of the tailgate this will enable you to operate the window CAUTION as the glass needs to be supported as it is now in a fragile state. you need to clean off as much of the old grease if there is any, and relube with fresh grease
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

maybe you've accidentally hit the 'window lock' button on the centre console behind the gearstick....

Comment

Hi there, i believe that if it is something definitely broken(not just the window lock switch on) there is a control relay mounted inside the rear door that controls the window and the capacitors on this control are proned to blowing, if this is the case a new one is aprox £120-180 however if you are handy with a soldering iron then take a trip to maplins and buy some new ones for about 50p and replace the dodgy ones.
          I havent done this personally so please dont take my word for it.

Hope thats some help.
          [IMG]http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/public/coppermine/albums/userpics/10024/surf3.jpg[/IMG]

Big 'n' beautiful!

Comment

Working...
          X