Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! turbo probs

Hi all, hope somebody can help.
    I just bought a 1991 2.4 manual surf imported from Aus and I’m pretty sure that the turbo does not work as there is no change in power throughout the rev range. The lights on the dash both come on, but when I start the car only the orange light stays on.
    There is a wearing noise from the turbo so hopefully don’t need new one.
    The SENSOR ASSY, TURBO PREASURE wires have been ripped out from the sensor unit but I don’t think it’s critical, probably is I’m just not that mechanically minded.
    Please please help.
    Thanks Will

Originally posted by surf-wejd
    Hi all, hope somebody can help.
    I just bought a 1991 2.4 manual surf imported from Aus and I’m pretty sure that the turbo does not work as there is no change in power throughout the rev range. The lights on the dash both come on, but when I start the car only the orange light stays on.
    There is a wearing noise from the turbo so hopefully don’t need new one.
    The SENSOR ASSY, TURBO PREASURE wires have been ripped out from the sensor unit but I don’t think it’s critical, probably is I’m just not that mechanically minded.
    Please please help.
    Thanks Will
    a little more information might be a good place to start.can you take a few pics of the offending wiring and post on here.when you say wearing.do you mean turbo spool (a whistling noise as you accelerate.)if so thats normal.a gringing noise or metalic clattering isnt.if the wiring has been ripped out thats propably where your problem lies.the ecu is not sensing the boost pressure,so not fuelling the pump correctly.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

hi there
      the wearing/whistling noise only comes on as i accelerate.there are no gringing noises or metalic clattering.
      hear are a few pics of the wiering.

just scroll through the pics.
      thanks will
      Last edited by surf-wejd; 10 November 2007, 11:24.

Comment

Without the sensor wiring connected the ECU will not detect boost so therefore it will not increase the fuel supply which is where the extra power comes from. You need to replace/repair the wiring and or sensor.

Nev

Comment

thanks nev
          will try and repaire. get back to you shortley to see how it goes.
          Will

Comment

im guessing your from worcester as your location says worce

if so then HI from a local surfer and good luck sorting your problem out, id offer to help but im useless with mechanical stuff.
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

hi there
              ive re-wired up the sensor but now when i start her she cuts out straight away, unless i hive her a little gas.
              i then unpluged the sensor and she starts fine 1st time.
              any ideas what it could be?
              thanks Will

Comment

Working...
              X