Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this? (Vacuum system)

Hi all.
    Can someone tell me what this this does (save my lazy $$$ from tracing it out)

Looks like an adjustable valve or a sensor, but I can't find it in the Auzzie manual. Does turning the black barrel do anything?

I find the aussie manual (Max Ellery) to be lacking in detail in a lot of areas. Not a patch on our Haynes Manuals. Sadly there isn't a Haynes to cover the Surf in the detail we are accustomed to.

Still, something is better than nothing.

I assume that valve/sensor is part of the emission control system.
    Ian
    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Its part of the shut down system. To stop the motor rattling and leaping to a stop when you turn it off, it shuts the intake down as the pump stops pumping.

This way the motor shuts down smoother, and in effect dosn't run out of fuel to the injectors, thus aiding quicker restarting.

In reality, you can take it all off and it makes little difference on a 2.4, not tried it on a 3.0.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Top stuff. Cheers Tony!

Comment

The black barrel is just a filter. Don't twist it too much as it may break off. I posted a diagram and info on how this, and the other VSVs just like this one under the manifold work a little while ago.

Nev

Edit: Here's the diagram.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...661#post352661
          Last edited by NiftyNev; 10 November 2007, 00:30.

Comment

Working...
          X