coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant

Hi all. right i thought it was an air lock on my 2.4 after installing a new cylinder head (brand new). When on a fast idle the heaters dont really get warm, motor didnt overheat unless driven or revved past 3500. i had it running again today trying to figure it out and popped the top hose off the thermostat housing to radiator and didnt really have much of a flow of water. When i put the hose pipe through the top hose it flowed freely...does this mean the water pumps had it????

Sorry for all the Q's im just desperate to use my truck!!!

if your not getting any heat from the heater it is normally an air lock. does your rear heater blow hot or cold? have u lost any water? did you leave it overnight when releasing the air?

Comment

yeah. i think its the water pump as even with the thermostat removed theres only a trickle flowin through, and when i put the hose pipe in it flies through!!!

Comment

is the pipe blocked up, with crud

Comment

Is the bottom hose collapsing, restricting the flow?

Nev

Comment

None of the above. all hoses are fine and system obviously not blocked as even with low pressure on my hose pipe water running through system freely.

Comment

Working...
            X