Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies problems

Hi to all

I'm new to the forum and new to surfs (although i do work for Toyota) got me a nice little SSR-G 1993 in burgandy (previously driving a Jeep Cherokee 4.0L auto) anyway enough about me it the surf i need to talk about as she has a couple of little niggles

1. Rattle from under the car mainly on start up, sounds like a pile of nutts and bolts in the exhaust system or could it be the flywheel dropping to bits? but doesn't last long and it's not every time i drive her?
    2. Starting the engine, she starts no problems, heater plugs light goes out, wait for the beep then starts but to get her to run smooth i have to rev upto 3k rpm a few time till she stopps spluttering
    3. Clutch seems to slip at 70mph in 5th every so often, (i'm trying to avoid the enevitable i think)

Got some new glow plugs ready to go on and i plan to do an oil and filter change inc diffs, radiator fluid, thermostat and radiator cap but at the moment it's warmer by the PC than the surf.

Any help greatly received

Roy
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Originally posted by roylittle0
    Hi to all

I'm new to the forum and new to surfs (although i do work for Toyota) got me a nice little SSR-G 1993 in burgandy (previously driving a Jeep Cherokee 4.0L auto) anyway enough about me it the surf i need to talk about as she has a couple of little niggles

1. Rattle from under the car mainly on start up, sounds like a pile of nutts and bolts in the exhaust system or could it be the flywheel dropping to bits?
    may have just self diagnosed there, applies to 3 also but doesn't last long and it's not every time i drive her?
    2. Starting the engine, she starts no problems, heater plugs light goes out, wait for the beep then starts but to get her to run smooth i have to rev upto 3k rpm a few time till she stopps spluttering
    fuel filter perhaps?
    3. Clutch seems to slip at 70mph in 5th every so often, (i'm trying to avoid the enevitable i think)

Got some new glow plugs ready to go on and i plan to do an oil and filter change inc diffs, radiator fluid, thermostat and radiator cap but at the moment it's warmer by the PC than the surf.

Any help greatly received

Roy
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Run some redex or Transmission fluid through it (add a lt to half a tank) a few times, might be injectors cloggy
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X