VHF Radio Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHF Radio Placement

I am planning on installing a VHF radio in the bottom half of my stereo opening. Where else would be a good place to install a radio? Does anyone see any potential problems with this installation? I would install a single DIN stereo above the VHF.

That seems to be the prefered location, the only problems I can forsee,are the depth/length of the unit including the antenna plug.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I fitted an Icom dual bander in that place. You can get nice little speakers that fit in place of the ashtray.
      I glued (silicon sealant) bits of wood inside the trim and used that to fix right-angle brackets for mounting the radio. Works a treat. Mic sits nicely in the centre console tray on the floor.

Gordon
      G7KNS
      2nd gen Ltd

Comment

Sorry, should have also said, fix both radios to the trim before fixing it in place. It will all fit quite easily.
        2nd gen Ltd

Comment

Any chance you could take a picture so I understand what you mean? I like the idea, but a pic would help me install it properly.

Thanks

Comment

Picture at http://www.drytecltd.com/gmb/P1000368.JPG. (case sensitive) Sorry about the long link but Tinyurl doesn't seem to be working for me. Hope it helps.

Gordon
            2nd gen Ltd

Comment

Working...
            X