Which Intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Intercooler

Guys, can I use a 1989 2.5TD Mitsubishi Shogun intercooler in my 2.4 LN130?

Does everyone use the L200 one just because it's easily available or for a more specific reason?

You can use any intercooler from any of the similar sized 4X4 engines, it all depends on how it will connect up, obviously the less pipework the better.

Comment

Like Vince said, any similar sized engine.

This link has several different types of intercooler set ups. The first write up is me!

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I like Javars setup - having the intercooler off to one side - cos I don't have a body lift.

A question: where do you stick the temperature sensor that pokes into the pipe from the air-filter after you move the air-filter to the turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician
          I like Javars setup - having the intercooler off to one side - cos I don't have a body lift.

A question: where do you stick the temperature sensor that pokes into the pipe from the air-filter after you move the air-filter to the turbo?

It stays where it is, as you don't need to touch the intake air to the turbo, it's between the turbo to the throttle body that the intercooler is fitted, making the silver tube with the red EFI DIESEL on it obsolete.

Comment

got a box with an intercooelr from a Isuzu Trooper 3.1 sat in my room. Just waiting on the body lift and some assistance to fit it on. Oh and a scoop
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
            X