Diesel tunign chip! Ebay item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel tunign chip! Ebay item

Has anyone fitted and used one of the diesel tuning chips advertised on ebay. Claim and increase in power, better 0-60 time and 5-7 more mpg (I like the latter!)
    In users experience, do they work and do thay have any deleterious effect on the engine.
    As they cost £140 buy it now, I do not want to buy to try then discard.
    Thanks Martin

got a link or item number?

0-60 in less than 3 days would be an improvement, remember these ain't sports cars. 5-7mpg is unlikely.

I'd be inclined to say it's not worth the risk of buying something like that on ebay. Turbo diesels are meant to respond well to 'chipping', but for about the same money or less you'd get a comparable gain but safer by fitting an intercooler.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      got a link or item number?

0-60 in less than 3 days would be an improvement, remember these ain't sports cars. 5-7mpg is unlikely.

I'd be inclined to say it's not worth the risk of buying something like that on ebay. Turbo diesels are meant to respond well to 'chipping', but for about the same money or less you'd get a comparable gain but safer by fitting an intercooler.
      Thats good advise, and ebay wonder products never work! £140 can give you alot more usefull mods as intercooler, body lift and susp lift (both), go for looks,as performance isnt the important thing with surfs. If your concerned about mpg's go veggie my friend.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by metalmagpie
        Has anyone fitted and used one of the diesel tuning chips advertised on ebay. Claim and increase in power, better 0-60 time and 5-7 more mpg (I like the latter!)
        In users experience, do they work and do thay have any deleterious effect on the engine.
        As they cost £140 buy it now, I do not want to buy to try then discard.
        Thanks Martin
        One thing to remember, unless you're tweaking things like fuel burn efficiency (which is gonna involve much internal fiddling) then you cannot have increased mpg AND more power at once!

All other things being equal, more power means more fuel / air in for each bang. More mpg means less fuel / air per bang.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

ebay item

Thanks, guess I knew that one doesn't get extra performance just as simply as that.I will follow the intercooler thought it looks safer, for the engine, anyway.
          Thanks again.
          Martin

Comment

Working...
          X