Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Lights And Buzzer!!!!!

HI GUYS I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP!!!
    I HAD TROUBBLE STARTING SO I CHANGED GLOWPLUGS AND FUSE (AS IT WAS BLOWN)AND THAT RESOLVED MY PROBLEM,UNTILL FEW WEEKS LATER WHEN THE 80 AMP FUSE BLOWUP AGAIN I WAS ON MY WAY BACK HOME SO I HAD TO WIRE IT TO KEEP GOING AS THE CAR WOULD BEARLY MOVE WITH BLOWN FUSE ,AFTER A WHILE ALL THE LIGHTS IN THE DASH CAM ON AND AND A BUZZER START TO SOUND ASIF THE ENGINE WAS OFF WITH KEY IN THE IGNITION , BUT ENGINE STILL RUNNING,I DROVE IT BACK AND IS STILL LIKE THIS , I HAVE A NEW FUSE BUT I D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS TO BLOW AND AFTERWARDS LIGHTS ON DASH AND BUXZZER

PLEASEEEE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the dashboard has lit up then the alternator must be a suspect

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

As Trev says, alternator would certainly be a suspect.

BTW, using all capital letters is considered shouting, which I'm sure is not your intent, plus it can make it harder for others to read.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

sorry!!!!!

i didn t realise i was using capital letters didn t certanly mean to shout!!! thancks for the answer!! i dought is alternator as i drove back with lughts on and car runs fine thanks anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by antonello
          i didn t realise i was using capital letters didn t certanly mean to shout!!! thancks for the answer!! i dought is alternator as i drove back with lughts on and car runs fine thanks anyway!!

Still could be, all my dash lights were on for over a week and it was the alternator
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Working...
          X