Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke Problems???

I need some help figuring out what is up with my surf

When I first start it after is been sitting for 9+ hours aka like in the morning to go to work, (but I normal start the vehicle at noon) it idle rough so I put in the high idle (it has also been very warn out lately when I start her up), what iam worried about is the smoke, its not tons but its enough to make the drive way seem smoky it seem to have a slight blue in it.

Other times like when ever I pull away from a stop it does a quite a bit of black smoke.

And all the time while iam driving a very very light smoke (mostly notice it at night) and at night its seem like it putting out tons but iam not sure if it just looks that way form the other cars head lights.

This any other this mad sense, could some help me figure out if anything is wrong.

P.S. Other problem iam dealing with are leaking injector pump, and E-Break light is always not, pretty sure that is cause of the vacuum system for the breaks

Originally posted by Terran-Ender
    I need some help figuring out what is up with my surf

When I first start it after is been sitting for 9+ hours aka like in the morning to go to work, (but I normal start the vehicle at noon) it idle rough so I put in the high idle (it has also been very warn out lately when I start her up), what iam worried about is the smoke, its not tons but its enough to make the drive way seem smoky it seem to have a slight blue in it.

You may need new glowplugs and/or the injectors are worn or restricted with crud and are dribbling. Blue smoke is normally oil burning so try cleaning out the ducting that goes from the air claner to turbo and from turbo to throttle body as there's probably oil residue in there from the valve cover breather.

Other times like when ever I pull away from a stop it does a quite a bit of black smoke.

Try some injector cleaner in the tank or fill the fuel filter with the cleaner the next time you change it.

And all the time while iam driving a very very light smoke (mostly notice it at night) and at night its seem like it putting out tons but iam not sure if it just looks that way form the other cars head lights.

This any other this mad sense, could some help me figure out if anything is wrong.

P.S. Other problem iam dealing with are leaking injector pump, and E-Break light is always not, pretty sure that is cause of the vacuum system for the breaks
    The float switch in the brake fluid reservoir sometimes sticks causing the light to stay on.

Comment

what oil are you using? i found that when i accidently put fully synthetic in i had ble smoke. sorted that but changing and useing good old mineral oil, a dam site cheaper too!
      You can expect to see a trail behind at night from what i have read here most people get it. you sound like you need to replace your top seal on your pump which, as you have an efi is easy and should take about an hour. you might need to get some recon injectors from diesel bob if the smoking is a problem, i have some and it made such a dirrerence in the way it ran. Its amazing how worn they are when you take them out. If your trucks still has the origanals in then they are getting on a bit. injector cleaners like redex and forte can only do so much.

As for the dlack smoke on pulling off, when did you last change your air filter? you can expect a bit as its a lot of truck to get moving and not all of the diesel that gets dumped in is getting burned hence the black smoke. does it get better as it gets hot?

For starters change oil filters and look into a top seal kit from milners. then run through some good injector cleaner and see where you go from there.

good luck let us know how it goes!
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Thank for the Help, iam going to look in to it once the sun comes up here.

A few quick questing about the EFI Injector pump.
        Would I have to take it out to change out the seals, and if I did how can I make sure that the timing is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Terran-Ender
          Thank for the Help, iam going to look in to it once the sun comes up here.

A few quick questing about the EFI Injector pump.
          Would I have to take it out to change out the seals, and if I did how can I make sure that the timing is correct?

You can change the top seal without removing the pump.

Heres a 'how to'...(It shows the pump removed for clarity)
          http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

Comment

Working...
          X