yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When changing the head whats the best....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When changing the head whats the best....

Hi All,

Am in the middle of doing a (stevo supplied) head replacement on my '93 2.4TD. I've removed the turbo / exhaust manifold side completely, and nearly all the pipes etc are done and labelled on the inlet side. Also removed the cambelt etc at the front of engine.

I want to leave the inlet manifold on the head until on the bench, as recommended several times on this forum by both TonyN and Stevo, and my question is about the fuel injector supply pipes and the glow plug supply bar.

Wheres the best place to disconnect these so I can finally get the head off ?

Thanks,

Rob.

Originally posted by wishbone
    Hi All,

Am in the middle of doing a (stevo supplied) head replacement on my '93 2.4TD. I've removed the turbo / exhaust manifold side completely, and nearly all the pipes etc are done and labelled on the inlet side. Also removed the cambelt etc at the front of engine.

I want to leave the inlet manifold on the head until on the bench, as recommended several times on this forum by both TonyN and Stevo, and my question is about the fuel injector supply pipes and the glow plug supply bar.

Wheres the best place to disconnect these so I can finally get the head off ?

Thanks,

Rob.
    You can leave the bar for the glowplugs on, and disconnect the injector pipes at the fuel pump.

Comment

Ok just been out with a torch for a look and that makes sense.

Thanks,
      Rob.

Comment

Are you going to dump the ERG valve at the same time?
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
        X