Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water boiling

hi
    my problems this I have 2.4 automatic surf , all of a sudden have whit smoke when I rev and water boiling in the expantion tank ,when I called the aa out we tried some k seal seemed to do the job for 10 miles then same again theres no milky in the oil dip stick and cap clean no leaking of water just gets hot very hot no smoke when driving only if parked and reving up,would it be the head!! as seems to be a lot of pressure build up
    thanks
    ric

Sounds like the head or the gaskit, unfortrunately, although get a gas test done to confirm.

Ps, whereabouts in kent are you?
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

boiling

hi Im on sheppey, thought it might be that funny thing is it shot up to red then when I stopped it went back to normal temp,

Comment

you can start by changing the rad cap and thermostat and give the coolant a good burping and see if that helps and if not then it may be the head on its way
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Get the gas checked in the expansion tank, and then if it shows ok, get the coolig system flushed, paying VERY particular attention to the radiator.

I'm in Thanet BTW.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I would think you are looking at at least a head gasket possibly a head. A pressure test should confirm, you would not be looking at more than 13psi, also a coolant system test should tell weather products of combustion are in the cooling system.
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Dont count on it being the GASKET, In 99% of all cases its usually the HEAD.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X