water leak!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water leak!!!!

my truck seems to have a mystery water leak sometimes it there and the next its gone it is on the left hand side on the engine bay i have looked at all the hoses and checked to see if the clips are tight which they are so any help would be great
    cheers shaun
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
    my truck seems to have a mystery water leak sometimes it there and the next its gone it is on the left hand side on the engine bay i have looked at all the hoses and checked to see if the clips are tight which they are so any help would be great
    cheers shaun
    Is there water on the bottom of the cam belt cover?..........
    And is the viscous fan throwing it about
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Mine was leaking from one of the metal pipes that runs up that side so i replaced the whole hose from cap end right around to heater matrix.

I eventually replaced all hoses and that really helps cooling aswell.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

it not leaking from the bottom of the cam cover or being flung about by the fan it is a bet of a mystery because one minute its there the next its gone when you try to fix it sometimes i can go a few days with nothing and then reappears i think a big hammer is called for ido not want to put any stop leak in it as the rad is nice an clear thanks guys for your information.
        cheers shaun

Comment

could it be condensation from when you have the aircon on? Its common to build up in warm environment and then drip down when stationary, but not all the time.

You can tell cos its not got coolant in it. Comes off condenser bottles, aircon rads even pipes themselves.

This is not a problem, perhaps not the cause but worth checking
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I would go for aircon condence as well (and it's cheap to fix!)
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Dont even need to fix it. :-)
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i noticed water dripping from the passenger side today and when i had a look under the bonnet it was dripping from the little drainage pipe coming out of the bulkhead so i anit worrying about it
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Probably just letting out dormant water from previous rainfall or wading. I was lucky the other day, i fitted my bonnet scoop and next day a pipe burst, unrelated but it was peeing out of the scoop onto car in front, if i hadnt done the scoop i wouldnt of known as i was on a long journey. Very close indeed.
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

please just let it be water coming from the air con as i cannot afford to spend any more on it!!!!!
                    cheers shaun

Comment

leaks are not usually major. Normally an old perished pipe. Smell it for coolant, if it has that smell, its not aircon.
                      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
                        please just let it be water coming from the air con as i cannot afford to spend any more on it!!!!!
                        cheers shaun
                        Mine was dripping onto the front of the torsion bar while in Penzance but by the time i got home it had stopped
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                        X