Ideas please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas please

Right i have a sound like a intermittent hammer drill .....i thought it was a wheel bearing so i replaced the rough one , test drove it today and i still have the hammer drill.........it's not the engine as i put the auto box in neutral and kill the engine .......still had the noise ,

HELP as if i don't find it No RTTS
    and if it's expencive thats even worst
    www.daemon4x4.org

Originally posted by Woodzie
    Right i have a sound like a intermittent hammer drill .....i thought it was a wheel bearing so i replaced the rough one , test drove it today and i still have the hammer drill.........it's not the engine as i put the auto box in neutral and kill the engine .......still had the noise ,

its not a front drive shaft is it ian.can you not nick bits off of lurches old motor.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie

what no rtts thatll mean no blackberry mead then m8 lol

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
        its not a front drive shaft is it ian.can you not nick bits off of lurches old motor.
        Cv joint appears to be ok .............begining to suspect the pas box .......I have a spare one of those
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

if engine not running then pas not pumping so therefore it cant be the box... if the engine is off and tranny in n then the engine is ruled out, only a small bit of drag through box....

look at everything from the t box to the tyres that is more tehn likely where it coming from, i could pop over to help if you need it...

also 1 for me... rear axle leakind from drum - would a seal kit from roughtrax and some shoes sort it out????

Comment

its not something stupid like a stone caught up in the front disc brake or rear drums.give the truck a good pressure washing underneath then see if its still there.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
              its not something stupid like a stone caught up in the front disc brake or rear drums.give the truck a good pressure washing underneath then see if its still there.
              Done that ......had the wheels off and checked the drums ........

Diff wind up is a maybee , but the the question is why
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

bronze bushes
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

thats what mine sounded like too. checked all the things you did then changed the brass bushes and it sorted it right out. bout £80 and a few greasy hours sorted it. hope you get if fixed soon!
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

The problems dissapeared .......But the rear reared it ugly head, and now doing the rear bearings

Thanks chaps .......if it starts again i'll do the bronze Bushes
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                    X