• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting barny!!!

hi guys my surf doesn t start in the morning
    so i assumed i needed new plugs
    wich i replaced for new ones
    still doesn t start so i went of checkking fuse relay and so on, the relay clicks but seem to cut out very quick ,,, any tips???

Check fuel supply, take hose off filter and see if fuel comes out. May be run back, pump the manual pump and see if fuel comes out then. Also could be sensor in the pump.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Is it only cold starts that are the problem?
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Is it only cold starts that are the problem?
        yes its only on cold in the morning

Comment

Switch Ignition on, Wait for a RELAY to click & ignore the GLOWPLUG indicator. Once you've heard the glowplug relay click start the engine.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Wait for the key warning alarm, there are two clicks from the arial relay on mine before the glowplug relay clicks.
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

What vehicle do you have? fill out that section in your profile, it helps with diagnosis.

The 80 amp glow plug fuse (on 2nd gens) is under bonnet on drivers side just infront of the firewall, check and replace if required,

Which glow plugs did you buy, the 2lt/e don't seem to like anything other tham OEM ones.

Check these links for info;

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=14341

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=14293
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

many thancks for your tips guys .....

but before i start fidling with the throttle sensor on the pum im going to try and eliminate every option with glow plugs. after testing continuity and voltage i come to a conclusion that the problem might be either wth relay or preheat timer . unfortunatly i dunno the location of thi i have fount a relay in the inner nearside wing it says glow plug relay is square and small and is connected to a round one wich one would be the actual relay ?also the fuse was blown and someone soldere dit back toghether<<cowboys>> i have since installed new glow plugs and filters and even tho i keep key on for 5 mins is still very hard to start it takes the est part of 5 mins winding the engine,as a result lots of white smoke engine running very lumpy till it warms up can anyone help??

Comment

sounds to me those glows aint glowing!
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Not Working

DOES ANYONEONE know the location of glow plug relay??? on the inner near side wing there is a littke square box and a round one are they both glow plug relays?? wich one should i replace?and also where is the box that gives the heating time to glow plugs???is getting worst and worst please help!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X