4wheel drive ? need some info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wheel drive ? need some info please

guys ...i need some info,my 4wheel drive has stopped working, while helping my bro move some round bales to the yard up a old stoney lane ,i realised that the front wasnt engaging at all...any ideas ? or good links to help me track the problem down ? i can hear something electric engaging in below but then thats it ...i have read that they work using a vacum...is this right ? any help at all would be great..many thanks gjay...1990 2.4td manual with 4wd switch on side of small gear stick..
    Last edited by gjay; 30 July 2007, 19:52.

yup ADD actuators are on the o/s inner wing, blue and red solenoids trace and check all the vacuum pipes to/from these and check the wiring plugs on all the electrics to the tranny case and front diff for starters
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      yup ADD actuators are on the o/s inner wing, blue and red solenoids trace and check all the vacuum pipes to/from these and check the wiring plugs on all the electrics to the tranny case and front diff for starters
      yip i know where you mean ,i can feel the vacum coming in to the solenoids,but wat do u mean by "and front diff for starters?" forgive my ignorance

Comment

sorry, just meant that the first things to check would be the vacuum pipes for leaks. And then that none of the wiring plugs in the 4wd electrics had worked loose or broken.

On the front of the front differential there is some electrical connections which you can follow back up the side of the engine, and there is a round multiplug about half way along this wire which has been found to have worked loose on a few of our trucks (well on mine anyway), and also some electrical connections on the transfer case which could cause the sort of problems you described.

These would be the simplest to check and probably the most common reasons for losing 4WD.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          sorry, just meant that the first things to check would be the vacuum pipes for leaks. And then that none of the wiring plugs in the 4wd electrics had worked loose or broken.

On the front of the front differential there is some electrical connections which you can follow back up the side of the engine, and there is a round multiplug about half way along this wire which has been found to have worked loose on a few of our trucks (well on mine anyway), and also some electrical connections on the transfer case which could cause the sort of problems you described.

These would be the simplest to check and probably the most common reasons for losing 4WD.
          excellent i shall go out right now and check !! fingers crossed !! thanks for your help...

Comment

Working...
          X