SERIOUS oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERIOUS oil leak

O.K. Its a '92 2.4 ssr-x automatic. Recently I had all the trauma of the head going, its now running like a swiss watch after major spendo!!HOWEVER, I've now got an oil leak coming from the rearf of the engine. It started as a couple of drops now its got to the stage where I can't ignore it--it really is throwing out. It's coming out of the engine/bellhousing joint and is definitely engine oil not ATF, this leads me to presume it is the rear crank seal gone?? When I blew the head, the engine did get exceedingly hot( I just wanted to get it off the M1 before I got stranded!!), possibly hardened the seal??
    I just wondered, before I start stripping it, has anybody else experienced similar, or could it be something else(like a cracked block god 'elp us!!)

Thanks in anticipation

Dave.

Could be the crankshaft rear oil seal.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by dinnertimedave
      O.K. Its a '92 2.4 ssr-x automatic. Recently I had all the trauma of the head going, its now running like a swiss watch after major spendo!!HOWEVER, I've now got an oil leak coming from the rearf of the engine. It started as a couple of drops now its got to the stage where I can't ignore it--it really is throwing out. It's coming out of the engine/bellhousing joint and is definitely engine oil not ATF, this leads me to presume it is the rear crank seal gone?? When I blew the head, the engine did get exceedingly hot( I just wanted to get it off the M1 before I got stranded!!), possibly hardened the seal??
      I just wondered, before I start stripping it, has anybody else experienced similar, or could it be something else(like a cracked block god 'elp us!!)

Thanks in anticipation

Dave.
      i got a funny feeling that this is the same problem Pirate-Storm has got with his at the mo
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Gearbox out. if not an engine out job
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          i got a funny feeling that this is the same problem Pirate-Storm has got with his at the mo

I'm pretty certain the rear crank seal is the culprit too---------don't seem to be able to find Pirate-Storms oil leak thread--is he having similar problems??

Comment

I'm pretty certain the rear crank seal is the culprit too---------don't seem to be able to find Pirate-Storms oil leak thread--is he having similar problems??
            i dont think there is a thread about it but when i looked at his truck there is oil coming from the back of the engine somewhere
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

so have i , i thought leaks were for landys
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                so have i , i thought leaks were for landys
                Its 13 years old
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Its 13 years old
                  It's actually 15 years old and when I said it's got to the stage where I can't ignore it I meant it's got to the stage where I can't use the thing out of deference to motorcyclists---it really is that bad!!

Anybody got any constructive comments??

Dave

Comment

It's actually 15 years old and when I said it's got to the stage where I can't ignore it I meant it's got to the stage where I can't use the thing out of deference to motorcyclists---it really is that bad!!

Dave

hi m8 i didnt do a thread on mine it could be what you say but we also think it could be oil coming from the rocker cover n working its way down ive replaced mine but still got leak coming from rocker cover when i get chance n some money im taking it to tonyn to get checked

Comment

Dave
                      Sell it and buy a nissan micra?

Sorry no idea mate! Sounds like a PITA job to me! best get it to someone like TonyN at 4x4toys.

Comment

Working...
                      X