Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumble after belt change

Hi,
    can any one let me know if they have experienced the following problem after changing the timing belt on a 92 2.4 manual surf.
    Since changing the belt my Surf has developed a slight stumble during acceleration or pulling up a gradient. I rotated the engine by hand approx 10 times just to make sure that everything came up to the timing marks on every rotation, I even took pictures of where the marks were with the old belt in place and compared them when the new one was fitted and all seemed spot on, but for some reason the surf has now developed this symptom.
    Another symptom is on start up the engine (idling) the revs seem to pick up and then slow down, etc, I've been told that this is incorrect fuel pump timing but I checked and double checked everything before refitting so I suppose the next step is to get the belt cover off and check,but what could of happened surely the timing hasn't slipped? like I said its only at certain low speeds or under load, normal road speeds 60-70mph seem fine.

Problem solved, the fuel filter was loose and dripping fuel, probably caused air in the fuel, a qucik turn on the spanner and no more surging,simple.

Comment

Working...
    X