stop solenoid seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop solenoid seal

i am in the process of doing the seal kit on my diesel pump but the seal milners provided for the stop solenoid is just to big it wont let the solenoid pass and i do not want to force it or do in the threads on the pump has anybody else had this problem or is it just me i have now ordered the o ring from a seal specalist and will be with me soon any help would be great.
    cheers shaun
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

When doing mine I got the seal from my local motor factors. They have assorted sizes in little boxes.

Comment

it must be a devon thing because i must have tried every factor and hydrlics specalist in my local area hopefully when i get the right o ring no more leaks
      cheers shaun

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
        it must be a devon thing because i must have tried every factor and hydrlics specalist in my local area hopefully when i get the right o ring no more leaks
        cheers shaun
        Shaun i know halfords have got a small O ring set on the shelves as i saw them in our store a couple of days ago
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers richard i will go and have a look and get some in for spares you can never have enough spares kicking about .
          cheers shaun

Comment

Try the plumbing section of B&Q.

Comment

Living in devon you should be used to the same as me living in somerset

"sorry mate i can order one in for next week if you got a part number"

i have however found a guy in taunton that will mail order stuff out from toyota
              taunton (somerset county cars) give them a shout and ask for the parts depo but make sure your sitting down befor you get a price they scarey at times
              !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

thanks for telling me about somerset county cars i will try them the next time but to put a end to the story i replaced the seals and guess WHAT!!!!!!!! it still leaks so going to hit the yellow pages tomorrow and look for some diesel specalist to fix it for some immense sum so wish me luck.
                cheers shaun

Comment

thanks for telling me about somerset county cars i will try them the next time but to put a end to the story i replaced the seals and guess WHAT!!!!!!!! it still leaks so going to hit the yellow pages tomorrow and look for some diesel specalist to fix it for some immense sum so wish me luck.
                  cheers shaun
                  Have a peek at this thread first. Might be of use:

http://forums.bauchan.org/toyota/viewtopic.php?id=269

Comment

i will give atf a go
                    cheers shaun

Comment

cheers shaun
                      Were is it still leaknig from i had same problem with mine had to get o-ring from halfrauds but then after all that found out you can just slip seal over top with removing the elec plug bit doh what a wally, but atleast now its not leaking any more

Comment

just looked at the date you have probabley got it sorted lol

Comment

yes got it sorted by fitting another pump as the seal kit made no difference to the leak put another pump on cured the leak and the truck seems to go better and more mpg so iam happy all round.
                          cheers shaun

Comment

For arguments sake. If this stop seal wasn't put on properly could it cause erratic idling?
                            www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

its possible have you tryed putting redex through the system and then give it a good blast down a main road just in case you have a dirty or blocked injector i hope this is of some help.
                              cheers shaun

Comment

Working...
                              X