failed MOT on emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
    the oil temperature has to be around 80 degrees c before you can test most diesels ,tho this can be bypassed. emissions are always the first thing i do after logging the vehicle on the computer!!
    yep with a cigarette lighter flame!

are you lot sure that veg oil helps with emissions? i had been told a petrol mix would help it.
    there is no way im putting petrol in my truck though. not with that ammount of compression.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
      yep with a cigarette lighter flame!

are you lot sure that veg oil helps with emissions? i had been told a petrol mix would help it.
      there is no way im putting petrol in my truck though. not with that ammount of compression.
      some people actually put a couple or so litres of petrol in with the veg oil to thin it down a bit
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        some people actually put a couple or so litres of petrol in with the veg oil to thin it down a bit
        i read that actually on here! i personally think they are mental. ive read that our engines have 22:1 compression ratio AND they got a bl00dy turbo! if they get that mix wrong like add too much petrol they will get pre ignition and thats something they definately DONT want. but you know how a cam works? and with that 7psi minimum boost we are running, it may only pink at higher rpms and i would be worried about not knowing cos of the noisey diesel.

but then this is all what ive worked out for myself so i could be wrong. i know if you keep adding petrol (like increasing the %) will make it pink eventually though - if you go too much
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

hi

Originally posted by marky
          If you have no cable ties push a BOLT into the rubber pipe it acts as a BALL BEARING. All Bolts are THESPIANS
          another one for ye guys is good old kerocine at a 2to1 mix to get it its doe kero is low in lubs derv is high in lubs at 2 to 1 mix for mot tiz safe have done it and passed most of that black smoke is from lub in drev not burning 100% long live the egr valve

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            i read that actually on here! i personally think they are mental. ive read that our engines have 22:1 compression ratio AND they got a bl00dy turbo! if they get that mix wrong like add too much petrol they will get pre ignition and thats something they definately DONT want. but you know how a cam works? and with that 7psi minimum boost we are running, it may only pink at higher rpms and i would be worried about not knowing cos of the noisey diesel.

but then this is all what ive worked out for myself so i could be wrong. i know if you keep adding petrol (like increasing the %) will make it pink eventually though - if you go too much
            im not mechanically minded but using veg oil i think my truck runs a bit quieter now than it did just on diesel

Comment

my mot tester told me that he has to hit max revs six times i think it was for the test but he wasn,t bothered what the revs were if he puts his foot to the floor and only gets 2500 rpm then thats fine. so if you get desperate you could adjust the max setting on the pump before you go

Comment

I put 10-20% unleaded in my veg, I normally do this during the colder months.
                I had a surf and I have run up to 90% veg and 10% unleaded(mixed in a seperate tank) when it was very warm and it was just before payday, I did have pump seal probs near the point where i needed an estate.

I also on my citroen bx(1.9na) i used to add petrol at 20% and leaving work it would run up to max(90ish) and stay there better than on diesel.

According to one of the guys at goatindustries forum 10% unleaded halves the viscosty of veg.

I now run a 2 tank system with heat exchanger in my rover(not land) and i think that anybody using more than 23-30% veg in a surf should have some form of heat before the IP, I have a fphe from http://www.biotuning.co.uk/ShopHeatExchangers.htm i have the smaller one.
                Ray

Comment

Working...
                X