Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar

Advice needed.

Need to put a towbar on the Surf - What is the best option - buy one off internet and pay to have it fitted (or can ya do it yaself) or just go and buy one that includes fitting.

Which is the best buy?
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

i would say if you got access to an impact wrench and a good solid jack do it yourself, i did but had to drill a couple of new holes as i just couldn't get the bottom set of holes lined up. It's not technically hard, but can be physical
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      i would say if you got access to an impact wrench and a good solid jack do it yourself, i did but had to drill a couple of new holes as i just couldn't get the bottom set of holes lined up. It's not technically hard, but can be physical
      How physical is physical?

Got a mate who owns a garage that I could borrow the ramp.

Comment

just about to break my 90 ssr, snif sob whimper, (bl00dy cylinder head), its got a tow bar, could do with a paint and new socket but if you fancy it, say £40 plus postage and its yours.... when the rain stops and I can get under her and get it off (wont go in the shed with the lift kit and big wheels...god i loved that motor)...email me lukenicol@aol
        dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Consists of 2 parts: mech. and electrical. I would say only attempt either if you can use a torque wrench properly, dont mind a bit effort to fit (maybe grinding) and have some basic wiring knowledge. I fitted the Towsure kit from ebay which is nice round tube but now I`ve got a PST? already fitted which is square tube.
          cheers,
          Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by leo's dad
            just about to break my 90 ssr, snif sob whimper, (bl00dy cylinder head), its got a tow bar, could do with a paint and new socket but if you fancy it, say £40 plus postage and its yours.... when the rain stops and I can get under her and get it off (wont go in the shed with the lift kit and big wheels...god i loved that motor)...email me lukenicol@aol
            Sorted mate - having probs with the email account - If you don't hear from me tomorrow - Will mail ya from work Monday. Me whole truck needsa paint so no matter about the towbar Sorry to hear it blew.

One mans loss is another ones gain as they say.....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
              Consists of 2 parts: mech. and electrical. I would say only attempt either if you can use a torque wrench properly, dont mind a bit effort to fit (maybe grinding) and have some basic wiring knowledge. I fitted the Towsure kit from ebay which is nice round tube but now I`ve got a PST? already fitted which is square tube.
              cheers,

Think I just found me one offa Leo's dad so will be lookin' at havin it fitted - might be bendin ya ear if there any hiccups.

Comment

if your breaking what sort of money you looking for for the lift kit and is it suspension or body lift you have
                !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                  How physical is physical?

Got a mate who owns a garage that I could borrow the ramp.
                  Not that physical, my PCT bar went on but couldn't get it all the way, ended up with one bolt in on each side and couldn't lift it to line the rest up, jacked up the whole truck on the bar and it didn't move so drilled some new holes instead and bolted it where it was. An impact wrench is useful if you got access to one.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                    Not that physical, my PCT bar went on but couldn't get it all the way, ended up with one bolt in on each side and couldn't lift it to line the rest up, jacked up the whole truck on the bar and it didn't move so drilled some new holes instead and bolted it where it was. An impact wrench is useful if you got access to one.
                    cheers for that but I'm thinkin might just let the guys at the garage do it - other half has, and I quote - had enough of the blo@dy thing - burn it.......not very nice is it.

Wont cost too much - what does it take - a couple of hours?

Comment

You can get it done within 2 hours.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        You can get it done within 2 hours.
                        Brilliant - I'll do that then. Easier all round. Cheers Marky

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                          Brilliant - I'll do that then. Easier all round. Cheers Marky
                          No worries
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

hehehe!! Bibs on the spanners, we'll have to start calling her Lennie!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              hehehe!! Bibs on the spanners, we'll have to start calling her Lennie!
                              Ha ha ha ise laffin but I don't understand?????

Comment

Working...
                              X