No announcement yet.

This just doesn't look right..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just doesn't look right..........

I've had a bit of work done and don't remember things looking quite like this. The suspension(?) part seems to be fouling with the panel you remove to access the oil filter and I'm sure it didn't before. Am I imaging this, or do I have a problem?

Many thanks (nervously)

Tonka

Yeah, the adjuster unit looks a little high. Maybe a rubber bush in the wrong place.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Looks pretty much identical to my 2.4 which has stock suspension.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Bushes look ok and so does the chassis mount for the shock absorber. Has the plate been bent outwards? Mine sits further in over the shock adjuster with about 20mm clearance between plate and adjuster. What have you had done recently? This may help determine if something was put back together the wrong way.

Nev

Comment

This whole corner got replaced after I pranged it. It needed new wing, inner wing, suspension bits etc. The ride does feel a little bit bumpy, I haven't had time to study it yet, does this adjuster flex up and down or is this a fixed bit? Sorry for lack of knowledge here, I'd go out and look now as I have 5 mins but it's lashing it down.............
          Last edited by Tonka; 28 June 2007, 17:53.

Comment

I'd guess that the inner wing is push out a little, if it was further back the adjuster would clear it fine.

Originally posted by Tonka
            This whole corner got replaced after I pranged it. It needed new wing, inner wing, suspension bits etc. The ride does feel a little bit bumpy, I haven't had time to study it yet, does this adjuster flex up and down or is this a fixed bit? Sorry for lack of knowledge here, I'd go out and look now as I have 5 mins but it's lashing it down.............
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony. Question is will it do any harm as it is or will it affect the ride quality at all?

Many thanks

Comment

Thanks Tony. Question is will it do any harm as it is or will it affect the ride quality at all?

Many thanks
                I take it your truck is lifted as mine sits behind the front panel - just binout in th erain to take pics
                How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

No it's not lifted, to see some pics would be great. Mine is a 1992 2.4 SSRX

Comment

k

here goes
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0342.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1268842

mygod that was hard goin - talk about round the houses

Sorry Its not very clear

Comment

Was it passenger side coz its wasy diff from mine? If so I go take a new pic - sorry about the quality is pitch black out there.

Been an took um.

Bit poor quality soz - if ya want me to take um again 2mrw wiv a decent camera gisa shout.

Last edited by Bibs; 29 June 2007, 00:28.

Comment

Many thanks Bibs, mine just looks completely different, the removable panel itself is a different design.

Comment

Many thanks Bibs, mine just looks completely different, the removable panel itself is a different design.
                          K

Maybe some one will help ya 2morrow when they all get up.

Comment

Heres a couple of pics of mine.

Nev

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X