Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1268821

Click image for larger version

Name:	ce92_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1268823

Aggghhhhh................

After drivin through a flood yesterday there was a strange noise comin from what sounded like the gearbox. Took it to the garage 2night and mechanic assured me it wasn't in the gearbox and something underneath must have been disloged or is rattling against something. They were closin so I said I would have a look underneath myself when I got in.

Had a good look round and here is what I found plus a bolt, I don't know what it's called but it was sittin in where the arrow is in the second pic. I started the truck to see if the noise went and when it fired up I heard a definate thud from the gearbox. Now I am worried. Third pic is where there was once a bolt but now is not and I am realy worried. Straight to the garage in the morning me thinks.....
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Thats sooooo naughty
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Thats sooooo naughty
      Hee hee - d'ya know mate I have had a pants couple of days and that has just made me laff so much. Cheers

Comment

See what the other guys say before you spend any money VINCE any ideas??
        Last edited by marky; 26 June 2007, 22:14.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

See what the other guys say before you spend any money
          Hee hee still laffin mate, I am sure someone will know what's gone on. Prob coincidence but hey - ya know when ya get a feelin'?

Comment

See what the other guys say before you spend any money VINCE any ideas??

Can't make the photos out, passenger or drivers side?

Comment

From what I can see it's passenger side, just above where the front diff bolts onto the chassis. Dunno what's (supposed) to be there, and it's too dark to go and have a look at my truck right now.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Its the starter motor support bracket, Water won't have broken it, It must have been loose, and the bolt rattled out. The broken end bolts to the starter, and the other end to where the gearbox support bolts to the engine block. These bolts are missing in your last pic.

Check the starter and bellhousing bolts arn't loose as well.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Its the starter motor support bracket, Water won't have broken it, It must have been loose, and the bolt rattled out. The broken end bolts to the starter, and the other end to where the gearbox supports bolt to the engine block. These bolts are missing in your last pic.

Check the starter and bellhousing bolts arn't loose as well.

Guys you are stars - It is the passenger side yes- are the other bolts easy to find? Don't even know where the starter is - sorry. Would this account for the noise in the cab or would that be something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                    From what I can see it's passenger side, just above where the front diff bolts onto the chassis. Dunno what's (supposed) to be there, and it's too dark to go and have a look at my truck right now.
                    Yeah tis that side. Gonna try what Tonyn says if I can find it in morn as its dark now and few too many beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                      Guys you are stars - It is the passenger side yes- are the other bolts easy to find? Don't even know where the starter is - sorry. Would this account for the noise in the cab or would that be something else?

Maybe re-trace your steps?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Maybe re-trace your steps?
                        Ha ha ha ooops

yeah yeah had a bad day haven't I?

Comment

Had another look underneath this morning and found a bolt was missing from the bell housing as well - straight to the garage complete with all the bits I had gathered.
                          Went to collect it all sorted - they had replaced all missing bolts. Great, went to start it..................click click click.......

Batteries flat - they left the ignition on....pushed it off the ramp to bump start - nope not playin. Had to jump start it after a search for jump leads. (I am gonna get me own)

Wey hey no noise. Gets home - puts it on charge and had a nose underneath - bolts still missing so god knows where they put the ones they added, I give up. Sorry for the winging goin on but d'ya know. Are they special bolts coz I can get the bolt in from one side but it won't go through tuther. (Please don't tell me I am being really stupid and have missed something obvious)

Also worried about the fact that the gearbox aint fully bolted to the block.

Comment

Working...
                          X