Change speedo to mph??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change speedo to mph??

I have just bought a J reg 92 Surf and the speedo is in Km's! What is the best way to change this, I have got a converter but do you need to be an expert??

Also would like to get a specailst to look at my new buy, any good ones near Buckingham??

Thanks in advance, Dean
    "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Er?

Er,

As far as I know mate, you don't need a converter just a new face for your speedo.

See here:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

That's all there is to it!

Later!

Gary

Comment

Or go the whole hog and fit these, I did, looks cool
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TOYOTA-HIL...QQcmdZViewItem
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

iv been eyeballing those for a while undicided are they any good and worth the cash
        !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

Re

$$$$$$ nice dials alright!

Would love to know if they would work as description with the $$$$py bulbs that are in the dash or do you get some with it!

Noted this though:-

" dimmer switch "

Hows this work then?

Later!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
            $$$$$$ nice dials alright!

Would love to know if they would work as description with the $$$$py bulbs that are in the dash or do you get some with it!

Noted this though:-

" dimmer switch "

Hows this work then?

Later!

Gary
            If they are like mine (I got the original ones from the US) you don't really need the bulbs at the back, at night the dials are black and the markings light up (the dimmer works on the lettering)

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

They do look good but how hard to set up, I am very new to all this!! Is he there any decent outfits that could do my service and things like the dials around??

Thanks Dean
              "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dean K
                They do look good but how hard to set up, I am very new to all this!! Is he there any decent outfits that could do my service and things like the dials around??

Thanks Dean
                Well the nearest one to you that everybody recommends is TonyN (who is on here often) me being "ooop norf" I cant say much more. I did buy a turbo from him about 12 months ago and the service was first class!!

Fitting the speedo face is easy enough once the dash is out & stripped down.

Some people have complained bout gearbox probs after fitting the electronic converter to 2.4's aparently the gearbox gets confused. The electric converter worked ok on my 3.0ltr but the wife's 2.4 has a face on it
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                X