Exhaust sealing ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust sealing ring

I can feel and hear my exhaust blowing at the first sealing ring onto my front down pipe, has anyone changed this gasket? and if so was it easy to do?

Originally posted by iwoo
    I can feel and hear my exhaust blowing at the first sealing ring onto my front down pipe, has anyone changed this gasket? and if so was it easy to do?
    yep me too

Just ordered rings from milners, so gonna attemp this at weekend

so any advise fellas????
    Last One Over The Hill,
    Buys The Beers

Comment

give all the bolts a good lube before you start and let soak in over night.
      I done mine but it was on a 3.0l which is a bit differant set up to the 2.4.
      Let us know how you get on as i have to do one for piratestorm soon
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

get some high temp kitchen and bathroom sealant on either side of the new gasket. your local motor factors will usually have some assorted gaskets. i think they are same size as honda prelude or 2 bolt rovers. they are quite universal.
        good luck.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The exhaust flange "gasket" is some sort of heat resistant compound encased in two metal crush rings (one on OD and one on ID) so not really a universal thing I would say. I would use it as is without trying to add any other compound which may interfere with the way the gasket was designed to fit.

Nev

Comment

what nev said

i was thinking of a different design
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X