I found a second radiator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a second radiator!

Well it looks like one anyway. I found it behind my bash plate under the engine. I don't think it has water flowing through it though, maybe an oil cooler? Can anyone enlighten me as to what it is? I'll post a pic up later tonight, but it's about the size of the main raidiator and there's a fan above it under the engine.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by captain_chaos
    Well it looks like one anyway. I found it behind my bash plate under the engine. I don't think it has water flowing through it though, maybe an oil cooler? Can anyone enlighten me as to what it is? I'll post a pic up later tonight, but it's about the size of the main raidiator and there's a fan above it under the engine.

It the condenser rad for the air-con.
    There's two fans on it BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      It the condenser rad for the air-con.
      There's two fans on it BTW.
      Thanks. This may have also answered why my air con wasn't get as cold as it used to, need to clean the mud out of it

Comment

Thanks. This may have also answered why my air con wasn't get as cold as it used to, need to clean the mud out of it
        Good luck ! The only way to get them properly clean is to take them off and you can't do that without mucking up the air con. The position of that rad wasn't one of Toyotas' finest moments
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          Good luck ! The only way to get them properly clean is to take them off and you can't do that without mucking up the air con. The position of that rad wasn't one of Toyotas' finest moments
          dam, well I'll do my best with a hosepipe and a brush. Might make some difference. There was a large block of mud between the radiator and the bash plate.

Comment

dam, well I'll do my best with a hosepipe and a brush. Might make some difference. There was a large block of mud between the radiator and the bash plate.
            be careful with the brush!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The best way to remove the mud is to park the truck in a stream or ford so that the air-con rad is submerged. This will loosen the mud and it'll be washed away.

I'm just guessing of course 'cos I would never have got mine muddy in the first place would I?

Comment

Are you sure you are supposed to be mesing about under there??
                I used some stuff called, ahem 'muc off' and a hose pipe a few minutes later. works a treat
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

muc-off is brill for loosening mud, pre treat vehicle then wash off but dont leave it on for long, its fantastic for getting the black stains off caravan bodywork as well
                  john
                  Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    Are you sure you are supposed to be mesing about under there??
                    I used some stuff called, ahem 'muc off' and a hose pipe a few minutes later. works a treat
                    I don't think I should be allowed anywhere near a toolkit at the moment. I've taken the most of the front off my truck last night, and tonight I've removed the dashboard. There won't be much left of it soon lol

Comment

I'm a fine one to talk, today... I skived off work for a long lunch today to get the bike MOTed (She passed!! yay!!!!) before I went, I adjusted the chain. While doing this I managed to smack myself right between the eyes with a ratchet that wasn't on properly. Twice!
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I don't think I should be allowed anywhere near a toolkit at the moment. I've taken the most of the front off my truck last night, and tonight I've removed the dashboard. There won't be much left of it soon lol
                        Sounds like ya havin a Crisis !!!!Oh no causing Chaos again !!!!!!
                        Can ya do Jigsaw Puzzles ???? jason.....
                        Ya know were we are when ya want us ...... down the Pub !!!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                          Sounds like ya havin a Crisis !!!!Oh no causing Chaos again !!!!!!
                          Can ya do Jigsaw Puzzles ???? jason.....
                          Ya know were we are when ya want us ...... down the Pub !!!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just won't see it Comin !!!!
                          well things are going ok at the moment, but thanks for the offer

Comment

Working...
                          X