2.4 surf with no power (please help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 surf with no power (please help)

can anyone please help, my 2.4 surf seems to have no power. when pressing down the accelorator pedal the revs pick up really slowly. I have just changed the fuel filter and one of the hoses on the air intake as it was split but it's still the same. does anybody have any ideas?

Yes, you have air in the system. I had exactly the same problem for about 5 minutes after I changed mine too.

Press the black button on top of the fuel filter housing which will prime the pump and it will sort itself out next time you go driving. Keep pressing it for a minute until you feel resistance, the filter is full of fuel then.

Ok mate?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

just tried that and it made no difference. i've also tried in the last couple of days using a barrel of diesel on the floor and piping it straight to the pump just in case there was any problems with the fuel lines but it still picks up the same

Comment

Originally posted by stoner
        just tried that and it made no difference. i've also tried in the last couple of days using a barrel of diesel on the floor and piping it straight to the pump just in case there was any problems with the fuel lines but it still picks up the same
        any smoke?

if so what colour??
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

if you left it ticking over you would get a little bit of blue/grey smoke every now and again but since changing the fuel filter there has been nothing. I've had the surf over the pit and drained the tank and put some more fuel in along with some injector cleaner just in case there was any water or rubbish in the fuel that was already in.

Comment

2L-T or 2L-TE?

Nev

Comment

turbo hose off somewhere? if the pipe comes off my boost gauge the motor is dangerously slow!
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

loss of power

I had what I think is exactly the same problem after replacing my injectors. started and ran, but was absolutely gutless (even more than is normal for my 2.4 turbo diesel). I found my problem - I had knocked a connector off the side of the air filter that I think was for the diesel equivilent of vacuum advance. check this - could be a quick fix.

Comment

Working...
                X