Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermitent problem

Hi Guys!

I'm a new member and have a particular annoying problem, very occasionally ( about once a month ) the engine warning light illuminates and the turbo stops working and if I continue the engine starts to pink? as well as it being gutless, if I stop and restart the engine it rectifies itself, could it be some sort of chip? in the engine management system? I had the engine rebuilt in Spain last year ( Mucho caro ). It's more annoying than anything but would like to know what it is, anybody experienced similar?

Eddie

Originally posted by Edward Goodall
    Hi Guys!

I'm a new member and have a particular annoying problem, very occasionally ( about once a month ) the engine warning light illuminates and the turbo stops working and if I continue the engine starts to pink? as well as it being gutless, if I stop and restart the engine it rectifies itself, could it be some sort of chip? in the engine management system? I had the engine rebuilt in Spain last year ( Mucho caro ). It's more annoying than anything but would like to know what it is, anybody experienced similar?

Eddie

If the red light is on, it's telling you there's a fault and the code will be logged in the ECU.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/efifaultcodes.htm

Comment

Thanks

Many thanks for your reply, excuse my ignorance!
      ( I've only had the Surf 5 years ) what's the ECU? how do I acces the information on it?

Regards

Eddie

Comment

click on the above link in vinces post and read it all the way...if youve got a multi meter its not that hard,diagnostic connector is under the bonnet right hand side i think a small grey plastic oblong thing on wing with diagnostic on it!! good luck...sounds like an intermittent problem which until the light comes back on and it plays up again you might not be able to diagnose unless its stored in the ecu memory!
        DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Ta

Many thanks

Eddie

Comment

Working...
          X