Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooler mod

dear fellow surfers,

recently my trucck has been getting a little too near warm for comfort on hills and also at high speeds, so i was wondering about the 'ole cooler mod...

a few things have perplexed me

1) how much work is involveed??
    2) what sort of parts do i need to look for?
    3) what is the rough price for said parts?

thanks in advance for any advice..

ttfn

graham

Originally posted by graham78
    dear fellow surfers,

recently my trucck has been getting a little too near warm for comfort on hills and also at high speeds, so i was wondering about the 'ole cooler mod...

a few things have perplexed me

1) how much work is involveed??
    2) what sort of parts do i need to look for?
    3) what is the rough price for said parts?

thanks in advance for any advice..

ttfn

graham

What sort of mod are you thinking of?
    Is your filler cap ok and not perished?
    Last edited by max6674; 18 May 2007, 19:31.
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

a few more details i thinks!!!

i have a second gen ln130, 2lte i thinks, the cap was replaced in feb/march....

looking at getting the oil cooled by a seperate matrix...

seen a few threads on here by people i think surfenstein has one done??? although the beast is a v8

Comment

Are you sure that the rad is clean from mud externally.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Graham ...you mudplug on the plain , so a good rad flush is important. Strip the bumper and grill off and remove the fan. then give it a good rinse and check water is flowing through ....If you need some help let me know and i'll try to pop round
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i did pressure wash it and sadly the truck also so it is kinda clean, i might see how it goes off to new forest at weekend will probably strip after that...

probably remove the rad also??? we'll see

cheers guys

Comment

One thing I would always suggest before doing mods like this are to make sure the cooling system is in tip top condition first. Flush, new thermostat, rad cap and coolant if necessary, as well as checking the condition of the radiator and viscous coupling.

The ATF cooler mod is a notable addition, but do get the basics spot bollock first. Otherwise, you could end up masking an already progressing problem until it's too late.

Comment

okay then next question after i go and get dirty this weekend and take the baby apart, where are the bleed points on the 2.4 engine???

and the silly question is do i fill through the tank or the cap?? different vehicles have different ways so best to do it right?!?!?

Comment

I don't take the rad out , Just strip down the front and then take out the viscous fan and cowling .....Then flush with LOW pressure water . It may take a hour or so to flush but you will notice the difference
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Always fill through the CAP.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Drain tap is on the bottom of the rad.

Comment

after getting mine a little warm on the plains over the bank holiday I moved the front number plate onto the main section of the bumper which opened up a larger space on the lower valance. This has made a noticable change in temperature on a run as it appears to be getting more charge air. I'll stick a pic up tomorrow. Also planning another little mod to help cooling, but I'll show pictures of that when it's finished.
                        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
                        X