91 hilux trans paroblem/dash lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 hilux trans paroblem/dash lights

i recently put in a new deck in my 91 hilux surf, we got it all in and back together and when i went to start it up the buzzer that comes on when the glow plugs are ready never sounded. and i am missing most of my dash lights. but thats not all when i went to drive forward it felt as if the e break was on. the light was not on for it and it was all the way in, when it is in drive it starts out really slow with lots of drag, but if i start in low its fine and i can then put it in drive. also it will not go into 4x4! i don't know what is going on!! help

thanks

Originally posted by jrad138
    i recently put in a new deck in my 91 hilux surf, we got it all in and back together and when i went to start it up the buzzer that comes on when the glow plugs are ready never sounded. and i am missing most of my dash lights. but thats not all when i went to drive forward it felt as if the e break was on. the light was not on for it and it was all the way in, when it is in drive it starts out really slow with lots of drag, but if i start in low its fine and i can then put it in drive. also it will not go into 4x4! i don't know what is going on!! help

thanks
    Check all fuses first, under the hood and down by the drivers kick panel.
    No 4WD is either a vacuum pipe off somewhere, the vacuum pump on the alternator isn't working or an electrical connector has become disconnected.

Maybe your rear brakes are stuck on, does the truck reverse OK?

Comment

problem solved. it was just the 20amp engine fuse

Comment

Check all fuses first, under the hood and down by the drivers kick panel.
        No 4WD is either a vacuum pipe off somewhere, the vacuum pump on the alternator isn't working or an electrical connector has become disconnected.

Maybe your rear brakes are stuck on, does the truck reverse OK?

thanks yeah crazy fuses

Comment

Working...
        X