low on fuel, Low on performance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low on fuel, Low on performance!

has anyone experienced this? when i have a full tank of diesel the surf seems to run fine, when i am low on diesel it seems to be running like a bag of s**t

Anyone had the same problems or got any idea why?????????

Dave
    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

how low do you run your tank? Could be just a load of crud at the bottom of the tank.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Check the fuel tank breather as well. It may be vacuum locking the tank if it's blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Check the fuel tank breather as well. It may be vacuum locking the tank if it's blocked.
        where is the fuel tank breather and waht does it look like if possible
        ? cheers Dave

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
          how low do you run your tank? Could be just a load of crud at the bottom of the tank.
          Never run as far as the light coming on so not sure it's crud at the bottom, just had new filter and housing?

Comment

When the tank is full, the dilithium crystals become saturated and their mass increases, enabling the warp drive conductor to swell and heat up, so that the conflabulator will exert enough momentum so that your truck is propelled swiftly.

However, if the fuel tank is low, see Matt's post.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              When the tank is full, the dilithium crystals become saturated and their mass increases, enabling the warp drive conductor to swell and heat up, so that the conflabulator will exert enough momentum so that your truck is propelled swiftly.

However, if the fuel tank is low, see Matt's post.
              Thanks for the advice but not got trouble with tribbles, just with low fuel on Surf not starship enterprise!!!!!

Comment

Apparently there is a rubber pipe that runs from the top of the fuel tank to somewhere in the engine bay. Not found it myself but will probably have to as I'm getting a vacuum lock on my tank on occasions, although it doesn't seem to effect performance, only giving a loud hiss when I crack the filler cap to provide GB with more tax revenue to waste. If anyone got any pics of where it connects at both ends I would be interested.
                Mike G

Comment

No-one seems to know for definite where it goes to. Should be a pipe on the top of the tank, going to some form of inline breather, from what I gather. As to exactly where is a different thing altogether. Some say it runs all the way to the engine bay, some say it's about a 2 foot length of hose. You'll have to get underneath and look. There should be an inline one way breather connected to it. I assume the filter/valve will look like most of the hose breathers do in the engine bay.

Comment

fownd it pasinger side just nixt to the tyere i has a rubber cone on the end of it but its hard to get your hands/ hand in to it il tak piks and post them lateor
                    god dam deslexick cant bludy spell!!

Comment

If you feel about on top of the tank between the propshaft and tank youll find a pipe with a small one way filter thingy on it, it dont go anywhere , it just had a "L" shaped pipe comeing off which is open ended, i heard it sucking in air when i was draining the tank, i'd advise extending this pipe to either the engine bay or into the rear cab, especially if your wadeing through mud a lot,
                      Last edited by POPEYE; 11 May 2007, 12:06.
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by JD_DJ
                        fownd it pasinger side just nixt to the tyere i has a rubber cone on the end of it but its hard to get your hands/ hand in to it il tak piks and post them lateor

Are you that policeman from 'Alo Alo?

Comment

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

ha haaa!!!!

That made me laugh out loud!!!!!
                            www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment