Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new head/ no diesel at injectors

hi all,need some help.
    have just replaced my head/gasket/bolts etc etc etc,had to put the batteries on charge where she had been off road for a month and theyve gone flat,they were on fast charge for about 10 hours yesterday and turn the surf over fine,the trouble i have is that i dont appear to be getting any diesel up to the injectors at all.ive primed the system and filled the fuel filter up! ive tightened three injectors up leaving one open whilst the mrs turned the key for half a minute at a time but getting no where except flattening the batteries.also although im only turning over for a short while the top hose seems to pressurise quickly,i used decent payen bolts and gasket could it be an air lock causing that much pressure or could i have cracked the block i did put a flat rule on the block to see if it was distorted but didnt notice anything like cracks etc ... any help /advice appreciated cheers
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Tighten the injectors, but loosen the fuel pipe nuts then crank the engine while pumping the primer on top of the filter until you see the fuel coming out. Then tighten the nuts and start engine.

Comment

cheers bushwacker ill try that when the mrs gets home... he he she loves the smell of diesel ,what do you reckon about the hoses pressurising...i dont quite understand the 'burping the cooling sysytem' thing are there any other ways people have had success with..

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
        cheers bushwacker ill try that when the mrs gets home... he he she loves the smell of diesel ,what do you reckon about the hoses pressurising...i dont quite understand the 'burping the cooling sysytem' thing are there any other ways people have had success with..

Seeing that your truck is gonna be just sitting there most of the day, remove the rad cap, set heater controls to hot and top up the coolant level. Leave the cap off and check back every hour and top up if necessary. By the time your 'helper' comes home, any air in the system should work it's way out.
        (HELPS IF THE NOSE OF THE TRUCK IS HIGHER THAN THE REAR IF NOT ON LEVEL GROUND)

p.s. put the rad cap on the drivers seat when you take it off so you don't forget it.

Comment

thanks mate ill see if i can push it onto the kerb or something (ps im off sick today with a bad back from bending over the bonnet all weekend )

Comment

I changed my fuel filter and due to a missing rubber O ring at water trap got air into the system. I bought some silicon gasket stuff and sealed the water trap system but the Surf would not start after repeated attempts ...then tried that easystart stuff Surf cranked and started 3rd time all ok..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
            X