4WD in low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD in low

Am I right in thinking that on the auto gearboxes when the ratio lever is in 4L, the 4 wheel drive should be engaged without the need to select it?

I can get 4WD in both the high and low ration positions, but have to select & deselect myself.

Not a problem, just curious??
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

I think you will find that Low is 4x4 - end of story !

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

That what i thought as well.
      But if in L4 when reversing into my gravel drive the rear wheels spin until I select 4WD.
      If I just move the lever forward there's no click from the relays and the light stays off. As soon as I press the 4WD button the light comes on and the front wheels start driving as well.
      My other cars a QUAD

Comment

4L is 4wd Low ratio & you should'nt have to press the 4wd button..
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

whene i soleck L4 my light coms on and its in 4x4 u nay have a lose wiere or sumthing
          god dam deslexick cant bludy spell!!

Comment

Looks like you have a 4L switching problem. No idea where it is on an auto but there should be a switching mechanism independent of the button which does the same thing when 4L is selected.

Nev

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. Will leave well alone i think, don't fancy messing with the autobox. Might even be usefull moving the speedboat around (if my ex lets me have it back )
              My other cars a QUAD

Comment

IF/when you find out what's causing it, let me know, i fancy a 2wd low ratio option, no reason, just fancy it...
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

that is quality!!
                  you have a good mod there. 2wd Low ratio. so that means you can drive around all day in L without damaging our box.
                  i was thinking, the low ratio might double your torque figure. (half the bhp probably though) so you might have as much power as an impreza! until you get to 40mph lol.

give ya a race
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'm going to achieve 2wd low by replacing the front hubs with manual locking ones. I'll have to get out and lock them when I want 4wd but it will reduce wear on the front the rest of the time.

Dave
                    Last edited by Ballibeg; 4 May 2007, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                      IF/when you find out what's causing it, let me know, i fancy a 2wd low ratio option, no reason, just fancy it...

me too it wont drink as mutch in 2wd when im towing the traler
                      god dam deslexick cant bludy spell!!

Comment

Have found a wiring connection that is unplugged. Will plug it in and try it out asap, just need to get to some loose stuff to try it!

If it then goes into 4WD in low I'll know whats wrong, then unplug it again!
                        My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Working...
                        X