yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My blinking Stalling problem again.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My blinking Stalling problem again.......

Well guys, I spoke to the dealer who imported my surf (got confirmation that it did indeed have a brand new head fitted after import ) and am getting written confirmation of it next weekend when I drive over there .

I described my stalling problem figuring that this guy would be an expert seeing as he imports just Surfs and he said he would gauranteee me the problem was either the seal on my lift pump (is that the primer pump?) or the seal on my fuel filter.

My mechanic can fit them both for an hours labour (£45 inc vat).

Assuming this is the case can of the experts tell me.....

1. How much will the two seals cost each / combined?
    2. Is it possible that I can be getting air in the system through the stop switch seal (even though it has been replaced twice) but at the same time not get a fuel leak?
    3 This is still bugging me but should I forget about the pump and concentrate on these seals?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Have you tried driving with the fuel cap off yet?

Comment

No mate, not yet - what will that do?

Comment

eliminate the chance its a vaccuum in the tank.
        Also have you done the EGR mod, if the EGR is stuck open it will cause hesitation on acceleration and stalling at low revs, if not already blocked off give it a go.
        Also could be the fuel stop solonoid
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Ok cool, I will have a go at it later. I haven't tried the EGR mod, will ook into it.

I haven't had any acceleration on acceleration though bud, it runs great aside from this stalling issue.

All this started as I drove it home from the mechanic (after he replaced the stop switch o ring seal to cure a fuel leak). Could that have anything to do with it?

Comment

Get a fuel filter from Roughtrax or Milners. They come with the new o-ring I think (call them and see). Its easy to swap a fuel filter and whilst you're at it fill new filter with Redex to give injectors a good clean.

Dave

Comment

K mate, will do - thankyou.

I did the redex thing a few days ago. Poured the £4.99 bottle into quarter a tank of diesel.... No improvement yet though LOL.

Comment

Working...
              X