First Surf , First Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Surf , First Problem

Hi everyone , i have a problem on my newly bought 2.4 SSR-G . When i have full lock on to the right hand side and apply any power , i get a nasty metal on metal knocking noise , i can also hear a rattling on uneven roads , suspension seems fine , definately appears to be coming from the drive train. only had it a month , a couple of niggles which can hopefully be repaired fairly easily , its a thirsty beast (20 ish round town ) , but its my baby , so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading

Hi Chris. Type 'steering stops' into the search box and all will be revealed.

Comment

or bump stops

Comment

Thanks very much , i`ll do that now , will keep post updated

Comment

it doesnt happen just the once , its a knock that occurs as the wheel turns and knocks a couple of times per revolution , does this seem concurrent with steering stops ? , i dont have a clue

Comment

yeah sounds about right, all you need to do is grease them up and it stops

Comment

Thanks for the advice , will do that and let you know how i get on

Ps mine would seem to be the same colour as yours , they are good to look at

Comment

Do you mean the noise comes when you turn the steering wheel to full lock or that the noise comes when the wheels themselves are turning? I

f it's the former, then definitely steering stops but if the latter and from the front, then it could be drive shafts or wheel bearings.
                Mike G

Comment

think it could be a cv joint issue myself , the noise def seems to be coming from wheels or box
                  Last edited by Chris _Leeds; 19 April 2007, 23:48.

Comment

Grease the steering stops up first, 10 min. job. then that's eliminated, and a real cheap fix.
                    BTW bump stops are different things
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showpo...61&postcount=3

Comment

There are four pairs to grease. Each wheel has a pair in front and a pair behind. So eight places to blob some grease!

(Only taken me 3 months to realise this...............)

Dave

Comment

Nope it wasnt the steering stops , must be a cv joint issue , cheers tho , stops all greased up now

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
                            There are four pairs to grease. Each wheel has a pair in front and a pair behind. So eight places to blob some grease!

(Only taken me 3 months to realise this...............)

Dave
                            Did that mate , made no difference
                            Cheers tho

Comment

Working...
                            X